• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Went back to the vets today....U/D Blood Test Results!!

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Some of you may know that Fidget was diagnosed with chronic liver failure last week. Well i went back to the vets today to see if she had reacted to the antibiotics at all on the offchance it may be an infection. Well sge gas put on 50g :D. The vet also said she wasn't jaundiced which was a good sign aswell as eating and behaving normally. It wasn't my usual vet however, he did seem a lot more positive but i'm not getting my hopes up just in case. She had another baytrill injection and got some vitamin powder. Am going back to see my usual vet on tuesday so fingers crossed for little Fidget

Last edited:
Oh i forgot to mention, she has reduced her drinking too. Where they would normally drink 200ml in 24 hours, this has reduced to 100ml over last couple of days.

Well.... after another vet visit today things *everything crossed* may be looking better for Fidget.

She is now 1.45kg which is only 0.5kg off her normal weight :)

The vet seems optimistic about her weight gain, reduced drinking and normal behaviour/eating. More bloods have been taken to see if blood cell levels have increased and therefore suggesting it is an acute infection after all!

Pleeeeease can i have vibes for Fidget's bloods? I want, more than anything, for a positive outcome!

Trying so hard not to get my hopes up.

Well.... after another vet visit today things *everything crossed* may be looking better for Fidget.

She is now 1.45kg which is only 0.5kg off her normal weight :)

The vet seems optimistic about her weight gain, reduced drinking and normal behaviour/eating. More bloods have been taken to see if blood cell levels have increased and therefore suggesting it is an acute infection after all!

Pleeeeease can i have vibes for Fidget's bloods? I want, more than anything, for a positive outcome!

Trying so hard not to get my hopes up.

Here's hoping that the abx have done the trick :)

Fidget's liver enzyme levels have decreased from over 100 to 75!!

The norm is 50 so she isn't out of the woods yet but she has obviously reacted to the antibiotics which means its a treatable infection :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks everyone! Just to let you know the vet phoned me today and told me there is no need for further treatment as her blood levels have dropped considerably and within a few days should be back to normal :D:D:D

I can't believe she has done so well out of this! I really thought the worst but it turned out so well. I am ecstatic :D

Back