PDA

View Full Version : Gungy rabbit poo...

Pringle
27-08-2009, 08:59 PM
:?:?:?:?:? Pringle has just done a biggish poo plus few tiny bits and its all stuck together with gunge (sp?):? its white and slimy its minging..
Does anyone know what this could be? xx

ShivyRex
27-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Has he eaten anything unusual or that he shouldn't? I had this when I was trying to bond a bunny called Tess with Zion. She just didn't get on with vegetables and caused her to have a very mucusy poo.

Pringle
27-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Not that i know of :? well i have given him everything he normally gets....

Although he did have a wee bit apple earlier which he gets ocasionally... but its never happened before :?

Sky-O
28-08-2009, 10:22 AM
A tape worm?

Have you got pictures? Mucous is often clearish, not white. I've seen something similar to what you describe and it was a tapeworm.

Pringle
28-08-2009, 07:33 PM
A tape worm?

Have you got pictures? Mucous is often clearish, not white. I've seen something similar to what you describe and it was a tapeworm.

I did take a picture could upload it if needed. It was quite slimy and yuk, it didnt look like a worm? is a tape worm an actual worm? or slimy stuff:oops::lol:

Sky-O
28-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Ooh, yeh, upload your gross picture :D

I have seen a pic of a tapeworm and it didn;t look too much like a worm but was very clearly different from mucous and other slimey stuff.

OriginalFlintstone
28-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Tapeworm segments look a bit like sticky rice (sorry if anyones having rice for tea!) The eggs/larvae are carried by fleas if you have any other pets who may have fleas that could explain something?

thumps_
29-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Erm waiting for poo picture - :oops:Hope Pringle's OK & not bunged up again.

Pringle
30-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Hey,
sorry for late reply!! not got a pic!! i deleted it by a mistake along with some others by mistake :roll:!! his poo has been ok so far *touch wood* and his tummy still feels normal xx

thumps_
30-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Hey,
sorry for late reply!! not got a pic!! i deleted it by a mistake along with some others by mistake :roll:!! his poo has been ok so far *touch wood* and his tummy still feels normal xx

Maybe it's as well! Glad his poo's OK. You can always tell someone with a "stasis" bun - obsessed with rabbit poo!:oops: