• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gungy rabbit poo...

Pringle

Warren Veteran
:?:?:?:?:? Pringle has just done a biggish poo plus few tiny bits and its all stuck together with gunge (sp?):? its white and slimy its minging..
Does anyone know what this could be? xx

Has he eaten anything unusual or that he shouldn't? I had this when I was trying to bond a bunny called Tess with Zion. She just didn't get on with vegetables and caused her to have a very mucusy poo.

Not that i know of :? well i have given him everything he normally gets....

Although he did have a wee bit apple earlier which he gets ocasionally... but its never happened before :?

A tape worm?

Have you got pictures? Mucous is often clearish, not white. I've seen something similar to what you describe and it was a tapeworm.

A tape worm?

Have you got pictures? Mucous is often clearish, not white. I've seen something similar to what you describe and it was a tapeworm.

I did take a picture could upload it if needed. It was quite slimy and yuk, it didnt look like a worm? is a tape worm an actual worm? or slimy stuff:oops::lol:

Ooh, yeh, upload your gross picture :D

I have seen a pic of a tapeworm and it didn;t look too much like a worm but was very clearly different from mucous and other slimey stuff.

Tapeworm segments look a bit like sticky rice (sorry if anyones having rice for tea!) The eggs/larvae are carried by fleas if you have any other pets who may have fleas that could explain something?

Hey,
sorry for late reply!! not got a pic!! i deleted it by a mistake along with some others by mistake :roll:!! his poo has been ok so far *touch wood* and his tummy still feels normal xx

Hey,
sorry for late reply!! not got a pic!! i deleted it by a mistake along with some others by mistake :roll:!! his poo has been ok so far *touch wood* and his tummy still feels normal xx

Maybe it's as well! Glad his poo's OK. You can always tell someone with a "stasis" bun - obsessed with rabbit poo!:oops:

Back