• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ankle obsession!!

Bex09

Warren Scout
I was just wondering if anyone knows why my 16 week old male lop is obsessed with my ankles?!!

When I stand up he follows me everywhere to the point where he is so close to me I nearly trip over him. Then when I sit or stand still he sits on my feet and digs at my ankles and nips them through my trousers! I don't mind as it is cute but he hurts sometimes. He doesn't dig if I have shorts or a skirt on, then he licks my ankles and legs instead. :lol:

He's in love with you :love: His hormones are probably starting to rev up a gear (if he's not neutered) and you've become the object of his desire. If you're really lucky, he'll start spraying you with urine soon:lol: I suggest it's probably time he lost his plums!

No too young to do that yet. My vets don't do it until they are 6 months old and he is only just 4 months old.

He doesn't have any plums yet! :oops: Not that I have been looking at his bits bless him! My other rabbit is 2 weeks older and his are just dropping and quite obvious... he did his first spray yesterday! I'm not in for a good few months here am I? :roll:

If you get a good bunny savvy vet, they can neuter males much earlier than 6 months. I've not had a young male for some years so someone else will probably correct me here but I believe you can get them neutered as young as 3-4 months???

If he's started spraying, believe me it won't get any better, especially if you are the object of his desire:love:. Wear waterproof trousers:lol::lol:

Oh no! What if they both start spraying me?! :roll: Am beginning to regret spoiling them so much with kisses and cuddles so that they love me! :lol:

Oh no! What if they both start spraying me?! :roll: Am beginning to regret spoiling them so much with kisses and cuddles so that they love me! :lol:

Just checking, you say them. Do you have 2 buns living together? If they are both male there is a good chance they will fight by the age of 6 months if they haven't been neutered, if one is female he will defiantely be able to get them pregnant.

If he is a giant breed then a vet may have to wait until 6 months, but most normal sized buns are neutered aroud 12 weeks :)

Unneutered males will also run circles around you to show their affection. Milo is neutered now, but he still does it when I'm holding a box of raisins. :lol:

My vet neutered Milo at 4 months, for which I was very grateful! The surgery isn't too invasive, and most vets will just wait till the plums drop, which is somewhere between 9-16 weeks. :)

Yes I have two males but no they are kept seperately until nuetered when I am hoping to bond them. I bought a boy and a girl so that they would be companions but my girl turned out to be a boy! I'm not happy about it but nothing I can do now and love both my boys so much! :love: They clearly love me too! :lol:

Yes I have two males but no they are kept seperately until neutered when I am hoping to bond them. I bought a boy and a girl so that they would be companions but my girl turned out to be a boy! I'm not happy about it but nothing I can do now and love both my boys so much! :love: They clearly love me too! :lol:

Not to scare you, but the same thing happened to me. I got a girl for my Eddison, who turned out to be a Milo instead of a Mimi, if you catch my drift... :roll:

But my boys ended up fighting viciously, as boy rabbits tend to battle (although not always). I would get them both neutered as soon as possible so they won't have those territorial urges. I just want your buns to have the best possible chance for success.

Back