• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Archie has a strange swelling on back foot? Any ideas please?

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
Last night I noticed that Archie has a swelling on the top / side of his right back foot, which is appearing to look when he's sat or resting that it is tilting his foot over :? A bit like when we walk with our foot to one side. It's quite hard & appears to be a bit tender when we've examined him.

As far as we know he's not injured himself or anything. Although that said he is a nutter when he's running around - which he is still doing & has just been hopping up & down the stairs :roll::?

I'm taking him to the vets tomorrow morning for Jane to check it out, but just wondered if you guys had any suggestions on what it might be? I'm assuming Jane might want to xray it to check if everything is ok.

Last edited:
No Jane, it's sort of on the side of his foot - about half way between his outside toe & back of his foot.

I did wonder that but it's so hard to tell, but there's no head or anything like that. Then again if it's on his bone then I suppose we might not be able to tell without an xray?

I did wonder that but it's so hard to tell, but there's no head or anything like that. Then again if it's on his bone then I suppose we might not be able to tell without an xray?

The Vet may be able to open it a bit with a scapel :? Probably best done after a whiff of gas. Archie I mean, not the Vet !!

The Vet may be able to open it a bit with a scapel :? Probably best done after a whiff of gas. Archie I mean, not the Vet !!

Think I might need a whiff of gas if the vet does that whilst I'm with him! :shock::lol:

Just hope what ever it is, it can be sorted without too much fuss for him. One things for sure, Archie is not going to be pleased tomorrow at the vets as he hates going with a vengance! :?

Hi Denise,is Archie a giant bun by any chance?The lump that you are describing sounds just like the one which first developed on Barlies foot,after three or four days it burst.

Hi Denise,is Archie a giant bun by any chance?The lump that you are describing sounds just like the one which first developed on Barlies foot,after three or four days it burst.

Hi Sarah, yep Archie's a conti - was it an abscess that appeared on Barlie's foot? Did you manage to treat it ok?

Aww hope he is ok Denise, i did think abcess too as it sounds like the one Lionel had althugh not in that spot on his leg, it also burst after a few days, sending vibes for him xx

Aww hope he is ok Denise, i did think abcess too as it sounds like the one Lionel had althugh not in that spot on his leg, it also burst after a few days, sending vibes for him xx

Thanks Katie :) Eve had one a few weeks ago on her back left foot, but it was only small & burst - it's now fine & all healed :) Is Lionel's all healed now etc?

Hi Denise here is the post title Staphylococcus Aureus.Barlie has a new abscess.Post52.Barlie had months of treatment in the end her leg was amputated and when her boyfriend Bugsy got ill she developed a new abscess on her remaining paw and they were both put to sleep on the same day.I have lost four of my beautiful contis now and believe you me I have tried everything possible to save them.Im absolutely convinced now that some of the contis carry this illness.Im preying that Archie doesnt have this condition and your vet can save him.Cyporex stopped the infection spreading up Barlies leg and it has helped Honey,she has had a toe amputated and got abscesses last year and the drug nipped it in the bud

Thanks Katie :) Eve had one a few weeks ago on her back left foot, but it was only small & burst - it's now fine & all healed :) Is Lionel's all healed now etc?

Don't want to worry you but no it kept coming back and is the reason he now only has 3 legs :( but it had spread all up the leg and there were loads of them so i am sure if it is a small one he will be fine :)

Hi Denise here is the post title Staphylococcus Aureus.Barlie has a new abscess.Post52.Barlie had months of treatment in the end her leg was amputated and when her boyfriend Bugsy got ill she developed a new abscess on her remaining paw and they were both put to sleep on the same day.I have lost four of my beautiful contis now and believe you me I have tried everything possible to save them.Im absolutely convinced now that some of the contis carry this illness.Im preying that Archie doesnt have this condition and your vet can save him.Cyporex stopped the infection spreading up Barlies leg and it has helped Honey,she has had a toe amputated and got abscesses last year and the drug nipped it in the bud

Oh Sarah I'm really sorry it didn't register with me that it was Barlie that had this illness. I remember when you lost both of your beatufiul buns on the same day & was heartbroken for you :cry: I know how much you've done for your babies with this awful illness.

I will mention this to Jane tomorrow & see what happens. I pray that what ever it is on Archie's foot they can deal with it.

Don't want to worry you but no it kept coming back and is the reason he now only has 3 legs :( but it had spread all up the leg and there were loads of them so i am sure if it is a small one he will be fine :)

Oh Katie, I'm sorry I didn't know that's what caused Lionel's leg to be amputated :cry: Poor little man :cry:

The thought of it being anything sinister or that may mean he loses a leg makes me really worried, but I know I've not got to think like that until we know what's what. I just fear that Archie, being the boisterous, norty bun that he is wouldn't cope losing a leg :(

I'm hoping it's me being a bit over protective of Archie - we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Please dont be sorry Denise.I hope I havent upset you.I will be thinking of you and Archie tomorrow.Fingers crossed for good news

Back