• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

incontinence help please.

Carol X

Alpha Buck
It's not a rabbit it is a guinea pig.She is an old lady of about 6 years old she is now having problems with her control of her bladder poor thing, and is constantly wet in that area. She has been to the vets and is on baytril 0.6mls 1 time daily just incase she has a infection.I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to keep her a little bit dryer.Many thanks

Best way to keep her dry is to use vetbed as bedding, as the urine will soak through and the top layer remains dry. Get a couple of bits so you can use one whilst washing the other, although it doesn't take long to dry.
You need to be careful she doesn't eat it though, and wash it a few times before use to remove any loose fluff :)

Thank you lilbun, I am already using vet bed for her. She is a long haired guinea pig so have trimed her hair at the bottom too.Just did not want her to get to sore with being wet all the time.

Silas (rabbit) is constantly wet too :( I have just been washing him regularly and using sudocrem if his skin looks sore...

Just wanted to send some support your way x It's really sad dealing with this problem, in any furry friend :(

Back