PDA

View Full Version : Viktoria keeps scratching butt!!

Norman
27-08-2009, 02:57 PM
My rabbit Viktoria is acting weird, she keeps scratching her butt and has a high pulse, she lays down and does a sneezing type of noise like something is bothering her, then she somewhat jumps up and scratches her butt again and runs to another spot to sit down again. She's not very hungry. She has a rather dirty butt.

Thats all I can explain, would be very thankful for a quick response.

Norman

minirex
27-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Take the rabbit to the vet if you think it's ill. A dirty bum needs cleaning as it will soon attract flys.

LolasMummy
27-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Take the rabbit to the vet if you think it's ill. A dirty bum needs cleaning as it will soon attract flys.

Completely agree with this post. Please takes her to the vets.

Norman
27-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Completely agree with this post. Please takes her to the vets.

Right now I dont have any way to get her there... I just gave her a little "shower" of fresh water on her body, she just doesn't seem ill... she immediatly cleaned herself, her eyes are normally open, her ears are normal, she's just laying down alot. But when she moves around, also that seems normal. My guess is a tiny heat-stroke? ( we have 31C outside ) But she has full shade...

Norman
27-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Right now I dont have any way to get her there... I just gave her a little "shower" of fresh water on her body, she just doesn't seem ill... she immediatly cleaned herself, her eyes are normally open, her ears are normal, she's just laying down alot. But when she moves around, also that seems normal. My guess is a tiny heat-stroke? ( we have 31C outside ) But she has full shade...

Now her pulse seems to be a bit lower than before, and she started digging to get some fresh soil to lay on.