• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Crematorium Messed-Up

huppie

Mama Doe
Sorry if this is the wrong thread. Maybe General chat?

Huppie passed away about 10 days ago and we arranged for the crematorium to give her an individual cremation and then to send us the ashes. They were going to inform us when this would be happening.

We hadn't heard so hubby rang. She has already been cremated and the ashes have been sent to the vets. :cry:

I can't believe how upset I am, I feel like she was alone when I should have been with her and now she is back at the place where she passed away. :cry:

I am very upset. I am really surprised by how much I'm upset.

Just needed to write it down here as people who might understand.

Emma

Oh no, hugs for you x
I kinda know how you feel, when i got Kermit cremated they got the name wrong on his box....i was in floods of tears and so upset.
Hopefully youll feel a bit better when you get your baby home with you, i know it helped me a bit x

I am very upset. I am really surprised by how much I'm upset.

Although I'm sure she's been in your mind a lot since she passed I suspect you are as upset as you are because her being back at the vets brings it all back very much into focus for you. I'm sure you'll feel more settled when you have got her back with you.

Sorry for your loss, you're right about people here understanding, it's incredibly hard to deal with, more so when most of the people around just don't understand why the loss of a rabbit has such an impact.

I'm so sorry Emma - this would make me feel sad as well

Just remember she never left your heart, she knows that, I had all my companions cremated and I felt bad I wasn't there when it was performed. I think you must take comfort in the fact that she is home now, and you can keep her with you always x x

I planted two beautiful plants, a rose for my bunny and a 'bleeding heart' for my cat, I often sit in the garden with them both so I completely understand how you feel x x

Back