• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what colour is a white bunnies scut

:wave: hello there,have been having a discussion about the flash of the underside of a bunnies tail when there is danger around,is this white in all rabbits ? what about white bunnies ? do they have a different colour to contrast the fur on the back ?

It's white in wild rabbits. Pet rabbits are bred to look pretty not to escape from predators.

One of my rescue bunnies is brown all over with a white under tail, she ''flashes it'' when she runs- ive always called her my wild one, shes like the ones you see munchin on grass at the side of the road:shock:

Rimmi is a blue self - I think coloured selfs are meant to be that colour all over... including the scut. Whereas my other buns - one blue otter, one black otter and a brown chinchilla all had a white scut (tail)

:)

I think when theyre wild it is meant as a sign of danger etc etc but with domestication and breeding these features have been lost.

My isabella/white lop girl has a white scut, and my grey lionlop boy's is beige/offwhite.

Back