• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How should a myxi vacc be administered?

giantbunnymummy

Warren Veteran
Just checking as Daisy has an appointment for her vacc this afternoon and as we now use a different vet I want to make sure they do it properly.

I'm sure I've read on here that they're supposed to do most of it subcutaneously, but the last bit has to go in the skin of the ear? :? Is that right?

No probs :wave:

When mine had their jabs, I watched the vet like a hawk to make sure he administered it correctly!

I always just ask before they start in a sort of 'curious' way but to check that they are remembering to do the intra-dermal bit! Hopefully this is not taken as patronisingly as saying 'don't forget to put the 10% in intradermally!':shock: which is of course what i'd really like to say! :lol: My usual vet, and a new guy I trialled last week just pulled back slowly and administered it at the end into the skin on the way out......Well I blimmin' hope so especially after I checked! They can be quite quick so it is hard to tell sometimes.

I always just ask before they start in a sort of 'curious' way but to check that they are remembering to do the intra-dermal bit! Hopefully this is not taken as patronisingly as saying 'don't forget to put the 10% in intradermally!':shock: which is of course what i'd really like to say! :lol: My usual vet, and a new guy I trialled last week just pulled back slowly and administered it at the end into the skin on the way out......Well I blimmin' hope so especially after I checked! They can be quite quick so it is hard to tell sometimes.

:lol: I got my o/h to do the same today - casually ask whether it was right about the 10% intradermal thing and why, and luckily our vet answered by saying how important it was and explained his preferred method for making sure the injection was done properly (same as your vet) :D

Back