• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help....Anyone close to Hartley Wintney ??? - Dutch Bunny on the heath

Pinkyfan

Young Bun
Hey all,

I was out riding my horse on the heath last week and found a dead Dutch bunny...close to where alot of wild buns are...I was upset as its been dumped there probably alive only to be killed ...riding today and I've seen it's sibling....alive !!! It seems to be with the wild Buns (sort of) keeping close....What can I do ???? Poor bun must have been there now for over a week and I saw it on the way to and from my ride....so know it's around the same area...under a big blackberry bush...:-(

Ahh the poor thing! How could anyone just dump unwanted buns? :cry:

Would a local rabbit rescue be able to help?

Awwww I am no where near but I know Hartley Wintney and Fleet well as my in laws live in Fleet and hubby grew up there.

I hope you find the bunny soon

Hugs
Beckie X

Any news on this bunny? I'm a bit far away but if you can pinpoint an exact location on an OS map or something we might be able to drive up and go have a look for it if it's still there?
Ideally if you see it again I would make a call the the RSPCA and get an inspector out to come and retrieve it - you may have to hang around to help them find it or show them which blackberry bush!! My experience of the local hampshire inspectors is good....they came out to help us rescue some ducklings stuck in an overflow pipe within 40 mins. Please update! Worried about this poor little bun :(

Back