• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Types of fighting? When to separate?

huppie

Mama Doe
Hi all

My bunnies are fighting during the bonding process but I don't know when to pull them apart. Please could someone outline the different types or stages of rabbit fighting please.

I have read so many things and it seems contradictory. At what stage does chasing in circles become a fight? Is fur-pulling real fighting? Is flying through the air real fighting?

We are having probs and spoke to our rabbit rescuer but she told us off because we are apparently pulling them apart too soon. She says to only pull them off each other when they are going for each others crotch. Is this really right? Rambi has a couple of scratches in his ear but she said this is fine during a bond. Surely not?

Please help

Emma

just bumping this up as I'm looking for the same answer!!

I just tried bonding my male/female pair with my baby nethie. Blanket (baby) was very curious and just wandered over took a wee sniff and then decided it might be best to hide under the shoe rack...as he did this James nipped his leg and the fighting began there was actual fur flying everywhere, i tried spraying them but they wouldn't separate...had to physically break them up :( the bonding intro lasted about 30 seconds before i split them up. I'm such a coward...what should I do? :( :(

Meanwhile Cally, the female...just sat n her basket and watched...totally indifferent. I maybe should've tried her with Blanket...but didn't want to stress Blanket out any more...or me for that matter!

Last edited:
Back