• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

5th bunny?

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
I am seriously considering a 5th bunny......
As some of you may (or may not) know I lost my gorgeous girl Piper in febuary this year - Phoebes wife bun. (to clear things up phoebe is MALE)
Since loosing Piper, I have now bonded Phoebe,and his daughter Holli to my 2 bigger buns Ella and Fletcher.
I feel since loosing Piper, Phoebe has not really been the same bunny. I feel at the moment hes nothing but miserable and lonley :(
He sits alone quite often, and prefers to keep out the way on the 2nd layer in the shed rather than hop around and play with the other buns. He used to be so outgoing,and always seemed a very happy contented bunny. You never see him snuggled up with the other 3 as he goes off to lie by himself - ive even put a teddy in the shed incase he wants a snuggle :(
Would it be wise to try a 5th bunny into my foursome, to see if a girly bun will take a shine to my poor little Phoebe?
Hes such a sweet and gentle bunny - I just wish I could bring Piper back for him,then he would be ok again :(

i have no experience at all so i can't advise. but, i feel for little phoebe. would you be able to provide separate accom for phoebe and his wifelet if the group hugs don't take off?

I could have them seperated from the group on a temp basis so i think ideally im going to be looking for a rescue so if things dont work out ive got back up.
I just feel he isnt the same bun really :(

What about bonding him with a nice female and making it a twosome if you have separate accommodation. If he is really not happy in the group.

TBH i feel for his health he is better outside in the big shed and run enclosure but i dont really have the space to get another setup like that built.
i feel he is "ok" in the group i think he just still misses his Piper. They were really close. I dont know wether to take him out, bond him to another bun then put the two in with my other 3?

Anymore advice on this would be appreciated esp tho who have a group of 5 bunnys??? and what sex new bunny should be if i choose to get one!
i currently have 2 girls and 2 boys :)

Back