• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Housesitting Zoo

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
Spent all of last week house sitting for a friend in Derbyshire - thought i would share some pics of the "zoo" i was caring for!

Firstly, the gorgeous Martha (collie x springer x greyhound)
P1030634.jpg

P1030635.jpg

Then the ponies - Connie (Welsh section B)
P1030446.jpg

P1030571.jpg

Daggie - elderly Shetland, came from a wildish colony in Wales - only poos in the stable and only pees in the field!
P1030510.jpg

P1030513.jpg

P1030529.jpg

and Sophie, who actually lives down the lane, but escaped one night and was found at the pub up the road, so spent 24hours in my paddock!
P1030568.jpg

P1030569.jpg

The three chickens - Henny Penny (dark one), Blackie and Beauty
P1030590.jpg

P1030586.jpg

And last but not least, the guinea pigs, Blondie and Ginger Rogers :roll:
Second pic is them in their "taxi" used to take them from their hutch in the tack room to their run on the grass!
P1030449.jpg

P1030451.jpg

and just for fun, the GIANT courgette i harvested from the garden
P1030554.jpg

P1030555.jpg

yeah, was a bit mental - we had an argument over whether it was a courgette or a marrow, and what the difference is! Made loads of soup with it, and it went into a stir fry and a few other things....

Awwh. Martha is beautiful :love::love:

You mustve had a fab week!! Fancy staying here when i go away?!? :lol: Only joking ;) xXx

Awwh. Martha is beautiful :love::love:

You mustve had a fab week!! Fancy staying here when i go away?!? :lol: Only joking ;) xXx

i seem to be making a career of it - off to care for a friends chickens in a few weeks! maybe this will solve my summer job dilemma!

Amazing shots! Very jealous :D:D

thanks :oops: though my camera is awesome so i cant take all the credit! (panasonic TZ5 if anyone wants to know!) And lots of patience - especially with Martha, who is stunning but never sits still, and if you even vaguely hint that you want her attention she comes bounding over, rather than just look at you, so ruins the shot!

Back