• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Homemade Rabbit Toys

GBNI

Warren Scout
Does anyone make toys/treats etc for their buns to play with?

If so, please post details :) I am looking ideas to keep my boys occupied :)

I stuff loo rolls with hay, which my lot adore pulling to pieces. Also, cardboard boxes with a holes cut in them for different escape routes seem to go down well (Staples do good boxes if you can't find any nearby for free).

boxes... flower pots arhtur loves tossing.. a bunch of old keys to toss around ... loo roll innerds with pieces of carrot in it then stuffed with hay.. brown paper wrapped around hay herbs or veg then tied up with string like a parcel.... string then make holes through furit /veg to make hanging "kabobs" or tie to mesh, mine love a digging box of earth.... also love tunnels £3 in tesco(not quite home made but cheap)

I just made them both loo rolls stuffed with hay and some carrot poking out and they loved them! Adrian loves his hay so he is having a fab time munching through it and I cut little holes in so it pokes out all over. Joey got really cross as he couldn't pull the carrot out and was trying to dig it out with his paws and then tossing it around :D

a big underbed storage box/a very deep litter tray full with dirt to play in, mine love it. (only good if buns are outside though!!)

Dave put his foot down at getting mine a dirt box :( :lol:

well when dinky is here he can have one! a holiday treat! :lol::lol:

Pebbles is so funny, she swirls around on her back like a dog or even a horse! she literally roly polys everywhere in madness!

a big underbed storage box/a very deep litter tray full with dirt to play in, mine love it. (only good if buns are outside though!!)

Mine are outside, but would this make them more inclined to dig? Joey is also white so would he clean himself up after? Do you just put soil in?

I grabbed my camera to get some pics of them playing with their loo rolls. Typical they decided that they were tired and were dozing when I got back outside :roll:

Mine are outside, but would this make them more inclined to dig? Joey is also white so would he clean himself up after? Do you just put soil in?

I grabbed my camera to get some pics of them playing with their loo rolls. Typical they decided that they were tired and were dozing when I got back outside :roll:

my bunnies have never dug holes in the ground, the ground is too hard and they cant be bothered. a big box of loose soil is fun because its loose and they can kick it up, ive never seen pebbles dig once. but as soon as u put a box of dirt in there she goes crazy!
They do clean themselves dont worry, pebbles is also pretty much white!

I think I'm going to try that next :D It sounds like great fun! I know Adrian loves to roll anyways :)

Oh please do :D I hope they both clean themselves up well after with Joey being mostly white and Adrian being a lionhead :shock:

Back