• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cardboard bedding

Oh dear, I see that patience isn't always employed by some. This is the first time I've seen this post and to be honest, a rabbit forum isn't the best place to be asking about carboard substrate as most people use hay so 2 hours for a response in the middle of the day really isn't leaving it that long.

In answer to your question I think that Finacard is very good. I use it for my rats. It's very absorbant and keeps smells down. I personally wouldn't use it for rabbits as I find hay and newspaper more than adequate and would go through quite a lot of as my rabbits have a large litter tray that gets changed daily.

I use easibed. It's about £7 for a big bale. You can get it from farm shops as it is an equine bedding.

Please be patient - some people are at work etc so are not able to reply promptly. Good things come to those who wait!

Well thanks all for your friendly welcomes and helpful replies ... I am off to another forum that doesn't operate in such an unfriendly cliquey manner.

Goodbye

I dont understand...just because noone replied within 2 hours that makes us all unfriendly and cliquey?

Firstly I dont come on everyday, and am certainly not on it 24 hours a day, so you cant expect everyone to be. Secondly, people may not have replied as they have no experiance with the 2 beddings you described, i havent even heard of them let alone used them.

Back to the orgional post...iv always used woodshavings personally. Iv read there can be problems but iv used it all my life (21 years) and my parents before me and none of our rabbits had issues with it. However i am considering using easibed as my horse suppliers stocks it, and iv heard a few good things about it. I use a thick layer of hay in the bedding area, and hay ontop of the woodshavings in the litter boxes. Hope that helps.

What the ...?? I was just about to respond as I use cardboard bedding, but I'm really not going to bother now!!! :shock::?

i think this forum is the best thing going..and i wish i had found it earlier and would have learnt more sooner...:wave::wave::wave:

i think this forum is the best thing going..and i wish i had found it earlier and would have learnt more sooner...:wave::wave::wave:

I agree, I am new and I have found everyone very friendly and helpful and learnt so much from everyone.

From what iv seen in pictures easibed does look similar to shavings, but someone on here said its nothing like them. Iv just got a bale of sahvings so ill use that up first, then ill be off to try easibed. Its supposed to be less likely to blow around too.

Back