• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Views on P@H sale hutch? 5ft DBL £99

karen1980

Mama Doe
Anyone bought the sale hutch primrose I think its called?

Its a 5ft double for £99.

Have you got any feedback on it please?

Are you sure it was from P@H Lou?
I have it now and it is an Albany Pets one that she got from eBay or was this for Bobbi?

I have one for two guest buns staying with me..

It's good value for money, but you will have to put a cover on it to protect it from the weather otherwise it won't last for very long!

It's a good size and my two seem to like it because they are always sitting upstairs in it even though they could be out running around :lol:

My mum has got two!:roll:
It is a lovely roomy hutch which is ideal for smaller buns IMO. Its rather secure and solid and i like the hidy hole night box on the upper floor.

The only possible downside is that the ramp is rather steep compared to some other hutches and its not covered in felt nor has rungs to stop slippng

I jus got one :) Put it together this afternoon but I haven't moved Pipkin into it yet. I want to sort it out a bit first as others have said the floors and roof are quite thin.
I plan to get some lino or plastic covering for the floors, and I have corrugated plastic roofing stuff that I use for my aviary to cover over the top. Might also add some carpet or something to the ladder but I'll see how my bunny gets on with it first :)
I move my whole set up into the shed over winter so I'm hoping with these adjustments and being sheltered through winter the hutch will survive ok :)
So yeah, I think it's pretty good for the price. There's lots and lots of space inside.

i bought one for my guinea pigs. bit traumatic putting it together but once done i'm pretty pleased with it. i have covered the ramp with some sandpaper type stuff tho as its too slippy for the pigs without (not that they move far from the bedroom or food bowls tho whilst in there:roll:)

Hi
I recently got this hutch. I find it really good, my rabbit loves the small box as a hidey hole and her favourite place to sit is on top of it. My only complaint was the plywood floor and back. it really is too thin, but I use lots of litter trays (even where the water bottle sits to try preventing it from getting too wet ;)) however I do think it is very good value for money. I will be getting the hutch cover when teh weather starts to get worse.

We've sold a lot of the Primrose Cottages and it's good that because the hutch is such a good price people are upgrading from smaller hutches.

Amy (AbbyMarySmokey) lined the floor of hers with lino to protect the plywood and make it easier to clean etc. Amy has good ideas to protect the hutch so she's a good person to ask for tips etc :)

I have just ordered it off the internet and cant wait to get it so i can put it together.

I have noticed that some of you have said that its best to put stuff on the floor and ramp what have you all put on it? does it need to be somthing that isnt slippery?

I have just ordered it off the internet and cant wait to get it so i can put it together.

I have noticed that some of you have said that its best to put stuff on the floor and ramp what have you all put on it? does it need to be somthing that isnt slippery?

Some people use sandpaper, or carpet if your bun/gp isn't into eating carpets :)

i have just upgraded my hutches and got 5 of these the floors need something on them we have floor tiles must say out of the 5 we have 3 were dammaged 1 quite badly but the manager of my local store was very good and gave me a discount lovely hutches just wish the backs were better quality any ideas for weather proofing the backs pls

teresa

i have just upgraded my hutches and got 5 of these the floors need something on them we have floor tiles must say out of the 5 we have 3 were dammaged 1 quite badly but the manager of my local store was very good and gave me a discount lovely hutches just wish the backs were better quality any ideas for weather proofing the backs pls

teresa

Could you tack carpet or bubble wrap onto the back, sides and tops and then use tarpaulin? Makeshift hutch huggers and snuggles. Cheap and cheerful but will do the job :)

My bf and i was thinking of getting this and a couple of guinea pigs for it :D

Well, i presume it would be suitable for guinea pigs?

Could you tack carpet or bubble wrap onto the back, sides and tops and then use tarpaulin? Makeshift hutch huggers and snuggles. Cheap and cheerful but will do the job :)

bubble wrap sounds good could just tack the backs with it i use shower curtains on the fronts which i put over them every night i could even tack the backs with shower curtains as they are water proof and cheap as chips in tesco i think they are 87p each what do you think

teresa

bubble wrap sounds good could just tack the backs with it i use shower curtains on the fronts which i put over them every night i could even tack the backs with shower curtains as they are water proof and cheap as chips in tesco i think they are 87p each what do you think

teresa

Good idea. Cover the top, back and sides with the shower curtains and it's totally waterproof. Helps to preserve the wood and keeps the buns snug and dry :)

Back