• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much should i feed them?

Laura09x

Young Bun
I have 2 buns living in there hutch together i was just wondering how much i should be feeding them as i never know if im over feeding them? also i give them hay are they aloud as much as they want of this? just i put loads in there hayrack last night before i went bed checked them this morning it was all gone :lol: are they aloud as much as they want?

As much hay as they can eat. I don't bother with a hay rack, I use a hanging basket instead as you can fit more in. As far as dried food goes pellets are best e.g. A+P or Science selective and recommended amounts are and eggcup full per rabbit each day. If you are feeding more pellets than that amount gradually decrease them. Veggies such as fresh herbs and spring greeens I would probably go for 1/2 a bowl per rabbit each day but increase this gradually one veggie at a time so not to cause tummy upsets. Grass is the same rule as hay, they can have as much as they can eat but if they haven't had grass regularly up until now gradually give grazing time as again it may cause tummy upsets if they are not used to it.

They only need an eggcupful of pellets every day, some fresh green veggies and as much hay as they want. It sounds like you have some good hay eaters which is great as it really is the best thing for them. Their diet should be 85% hay!

Back