• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the best potty littler to use?

daisymoo

Young Bun
Morning everyone, please can you advise on the best potty litter to use, I have been advised to get some cat litter,they look and smell like wood and i am worried if Daisy eats them she will be poorly, I need a solution fast!!

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Kaz and Daisy Moo

I use two different sorts for my different buns. My outdoor buns use Cat Litter (wood based) and have never had a problem - mine dont try to eat it as I always have plenty of hay by their litter tray and they prefer that! My indoor bun who hasnt quite got the concept of litter trays yet uses his complete indoor cage as his toilet (he free ranges so only goes in there to eat and wee and poop) so I use megazorb with hay on top as he didnt like the wood pellets:roll:. You might have to try a few different things before you get it right.

I use Megazorb too, but you can also safely use Yesterdays News, Bio Catolet, Carefresh or just plain old newspaper and hay.

Thanks for the advice,

the brand I have is supercat, I was forced to buy it really at the pet shop and i wasn't too sure about it, may try it again, see how she goes

She is 2months old and full of beans! I have plenty of hay for her to eat which she munches on, and her pellets but the littler looks like pellets!

I will look on the links that you have sent me, thanks so much for your help everyone!

I bought some Megazorb recently and its just like paper that you've left in your pocket and put through the wash lol. Its fairly cheap though, and works really well :)

Back