• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maya- U/D 27th August-Post 61-Improving :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
It has been 8 weeks and 1 day since Maya's last Dental. She's 8 years of age and has advanced Dental Disease. Her recovery from her last Dental was not good in that she did not eat or poo for 6 DAYS :shock: :cry:
We decided that we would not put her through more treatment and when she showed oral discomfort again she would be PTS :cry:
Before anyone asks, me and my Vet to not think Dentals without GA are ethical and anyway Maya's problems are far too complex to even attempt to treat her without anaesthesia.

Once she did finally recover from her last Dental Maya has done really well and even now she is bright and happy. But is showing signs of discomfort when eating. It is going to be very hard to let her go today as in herself she is not 'ill' as such. But her teeth will just get worse and she will stop eating.

Two Vets will examin Maya today. I will abide by their advice.

Please may we have some vibes

Picture2318.jpg

Last edited:
What a beautiful bun!

We all have to make those decisions, it is hard, but we all know we have to do what is best for these little souls that are placed in our care :(

Poor Maya.

I wouldn't necessarily assume her recovery from a dental would be the same this time. I don't know, but maybe last time she was already in ileus or had nasty ulcers which prolonged recovery time.

I don't want to pressure you into another dental though, I know you have a hard enough decision ahead of you already and I am sure you will make the right decision for her, whatever you decide xx

Oh Jane I am so sorry to read about this, Maya is beautiful.

My Daisy has just had her second dental ever but she has gone about 8 months thankfully. Daisy took a lot longer to recover from her first dental than she did this time though.

My other bun Bertie has had a few dentals and my vet says his teeth are now starting to grow straighter - is there any chance this might happen to Maya?

Thinking of you and poor little Maya.:(

Back