• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnys in garages

Bunnytod

Mama Doe
does anyone keep there bunnys in a garage? what do you do about lighting and will it be sutible for them, I will be moving into a new house next month and the only space i have for them is in there as the garden is only 1 metre long, They wont be any cars in there so i know thats fine.

Ours live in the garage :wave:

Our old house had natural light which was fab until night-time when we had to use torches :lol: That garage also got hot though so wasn't ideal.

Our new garage is directly under the house so keeps nice and cool and is the best place to be on a scorching day:D This has electricity so a proper light which is handy. The downside is no natural light inless the garage door is open, which obviously we can't leave open unless I'm in their anyway. The animals are out in the garden or the house as much as possible which is normally 6/7 days of the week or better as I feel really guilty on a day they can't come out as its dark in their unless I leave the light on (which I never do tbh).

I hope the garage keeps its constant temp all year round as bringing them in over winter would be annoying for us and them really as their set up is so massive I don't know where it would fit :shock: also I'm hoping they'll all be woolley bears at winter so bringing them into a heated house would do them more damage tbh. I've heard rabbits can live happily in minus conditions as long as its dry and they have enough forage/bedding etc. Hopefully won't get to that though ;)

(I can picture my bedroom filled with rabbits and me sleeping on the sofa all winter :oops: :lol: )

One of my pairs is in the garage which works really well as it is cool for the summer. Its great as the back door opens onto the garage so when we are home the door can stay open and Dave and Daphne Rabbit can come in and out of the house as they please! They love it. :D

Back