• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smokeyss A Boy !!!

we bought Nibbles as a girl. Got home, I checked, thought she was a boy, so we named her Elvis. took her to the vets, vet checked her and said "Oh, Elvis is actually a girl!!" so she was renamed Nibbles :)

Mine used to always to boy-girl-boy
But I've learnt to sex properly now
Even newborns can be sexed :)

We were told that Jose was a boy when we bought her but the vet told us last week that Jose is in fact a girl lol (Stupid P@H!!) They also told me that she was a nethie but im not sure about that anymore either!

Will do i need to chek wether smokey needs any injections too:wave:

he will need injections, he will need two. One called VHD, some vets call it HVD but its the same. He needs that once a year. And Myxomatosis injection twice a year, every 6 months.

He is old enough to have them now but will need 2 weeks in between each one. so do one, wait 2 weeks, then the other one.

x

he will need injections, he will need two. One called VHD, some vets call it HVD but its the same. He needs that once a year. And Myxomatosis injection twice a year, every 6 months.

He is old enough to have them now but will need 2 weeks in between each one. so do one, wait 2 weeks, then the other one.

x

thank you,
i have underlined a word i dont realy understand sorry could you explain ?:)

Do they need to be neuted or anything first ?

x

thank you,
i have underlined a word i dont realy understand sorry could you explain ?:)

Do they need to be neuted or anything first ?

x

Myxomatosis is a deadly disease, and any bun not vaccinated will die if they catch it basically. good news is the vaccine protects bunnies so thats why it is so very important. Your vet will explain all this to your parents when you go so dont worry too much, but it does need to be done.

x

Myxomatosis is a deadly disease, and any bun not vaccinated will die if they catch it basically. good news is the vaccine protects bunnies so thats why it is so very important. Your vet will explain all this to your parents when you go so dont worry too much, but it does need to be done.

x

Okay thank you x

Can I just jump in on your thread please and ask, do house rabbits need to be vaccinated?? They dont go outside at all, I live in flat, so untill i get moved to a house, which isnt gonna be anytime soon, they have a few hours each everyday running around the flat!!

It's a good idea to get house rabbits vaccinated as you could carry it into the house by accident and pass it on. Same with any visitors you may have or dogs/cats. :)

Back