• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Are very pale poos a problem (with pic)

gkf9

Warren Scout
When I was cleaning them out this morning I found a few poo's that were really pale...
Photo193.jpg

Not sure who's they were as they were in the night, but both seem fine today - Coco' poos are even bigger than usual but normal colour.

Anybody know what could be the cause?

Hi ya I am by no means an expert but I would have thought that the colour of the poos are diet depending, though I may be wrong.

Thanks, should have said there was no change to what they ate - they had a dried corn on the cob as a treat but they've had it before. :? Very weird!

Hmm are their poos normally a darker shade then?
Are they eating normally? not off their food?
I was told to avoid corn on cob as they find it quite hard to digest but that was one persons opinion it may not be a problem.

Yeah the dark one on the left is a 'normal' one! Everything seems fine, both eating, drinking, pooing as normal so I'm not overly worried just curious and wonder if it's something to keep an eye on.

I read the 'corn debate' a few months ago - but personally I'm still going to let them have one every so often - my banned list is getting long as it is!! :lol: They both love them and I would have thought it's great for their teeth - it's also the only thing that takes longer than 10 seconds to demolish!!

mine have poos like that when theyve been eating loads of hay so I don't see it as a bad sign at all.

Oh good that's encouraging! I know golden is good but these seem very light, they've had the same hay for months now but maybe one was hungrier than usual yesterday. :lol:

The paler ones are much better proper poos :D Are they crumbly? If so they are practically perfect poos

Yep they are crumbly. Just bizarre how they are back to dark brown now - guess somebunny must have had a hay craving yesterday! I thought too pale might be a sign of too much calcium or something like cloudy wee. Thanks for the reassurance. x

Yep they are crumbly. Just bizarre how they are back to dark brown now - guess somebunny must have had a hay craving yesterday! I thought too pale might be a sign of too much calcium or something like cloudy wee. Thanks for the reassurance. x

No problem! I love seeing big golden poos. Makes my day :lol:

Back