• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just lost Clover during spay

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: Vet just rang me to say she stopped breathing as they finished operating. She sounded really upset. This is a total shock; Clover was a six month nethie and her health seemed fine. Does anyone know why this would have happened? I know that getting her neutered was necessary for her long term health, but yesterday she was racing round the garden in the sunshine and I can't believe she's gone.. :cry:

What a shock for you...So sorry ,I suppose theres always a risk with any op whatever the age but you never quite expect it to happen do you?

Binky free little Clover.x

So sorry:cry:

I think sometimes if there's an underlying heart condition they can react badly to GA

I lost a foster bun during a spay - I'd only had her a couple of days - it was an emergency spay:cry:

Oh my god, that's awful :(
As someone else said there is always a risk with that op or so the vet told me.
Binky Free Clover xx

Thank you all. Here's a recent picture of her with Elf...:cry:

Picture689.jpg

Can't believe she's gone. :cry:

How very tragic :cry:

This has happened to my Vet and a PM revealed that the Doe had badly abscessated lungs. But there was absolutely no indication of a respiratory tract problem in her pre-op checks. She was a young Rabbit with no know history of 'Snuffles'.

Binky Free Clover

:cry:

I'm so sorry :( She looked a beautiful bun, and must have been very happy in your garden with the rest of the gang.

I'm so sorry, what a huge shock for you. :( It was probably just one of those things or possibly an underlying problem that couldn't be detected. Sleep tight sweet little Clover. xx

Back