• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit hutch... is it hard to build?

papaecho17

New Kit

I am planning to have new housing for my rabbits..anyone can advice if it will be better and beneficial if i make rabbit hutch rather than to buy another? The first one that i have were already too old and it seems it will be better if i provide new housing for my pets???
Do i need someone so as to build a hutch for my rabbits?
Is it hard to do?
:cry: or should i purchase new one?

[/COLOR]

Well this really depends on how competent you are.

I am very happy to do alsorts of DIY, but I wouldn't attemtp to build a hutch. I doubt that I could do a better job or a cheaper job than the hutches that are available.

A good 6.5x2x2 hutch from the RSPCA made from T and G for example is only £110. If I calculated the cost of the materials and my time, I couldn't do it for less.

It all depends on your DIY skills. If you build your own you, you choose what it's made from and the size. It won't be much cheaper if at all but I'll never buy one from a shop. Here is one I made. I'd be happy to let you know how I built it or if you have an idea for a different hutch I'll be happy to give you some advice on how to build that one also.
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=192146

Back