• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Snuffles Alert -Help please

papaecho17

New Kit

29fcb7c1ea9b63b8

I was afraid that my rabbit will suffer various effects and health related problems because of her snuffles :( As i what i have searched in the Internet snuffles is actually one of the most common diseases that affects rabbit. The symptoms of which include matted fur around the front paws and muzzle. It is a respiratory condition that is badly incurable. What should i do???? Does it really don't have any remedies? :(

Your vet will advise you on what your rabbit needs to help with it's snuffles. You must ensure however, that you choose a vet that knows about rabbits and rabbit illnesses.

Don`t panic have just come back from the vets with my bun that has Snuffles they have given her 2 weeks of antibiotics. She seems fine in herself I am more in a state myself. I would get her to the vets and see what they say at least you will be doing your best for her. Hope all goes well.

My Alfie has the snuffles as well. I thought it was much worse then it was. The bill was around $66 and they give you anti-biotics for around two weeks. Alfie did get better but still has them. If they get worse I'll bring him back in.

It's not uncommon, and it doesn't go away. It will most likely keep recurring. Don't panic! S/he'll be fine!

Back