• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hey im new here and new to owning bunnies :0) i'd like to introduce bella xx

shell1805

Mama Doe
hey, my names shell and ive been looking at this website for about 6 months but never introduced myself. 4 months ago i welcomed home my 1st ever bunny, bella. she is the most amaing creature i have ever met. she is totally fearless, she has to be as i have 2 dogs (a lab and a cavi) and has befriended both of them. she is a house rabbit amd so while me and my husband are home she happily bounces round our house and even cuddles up to my cavi (who may i say is in love with her. i cant work out whether she thinks shes a dog or whether he thinks he is a rabbit :lol:) even more amazing from day one she has been litter trained, she never leaves a mess around and only goes in here tray. i thought it would take forever to train her!! this website has been so useful and i want to thank everyone :)

without further ado, id like to introduce bella

HPIM1483.jpg
[/IMG]

here she is with my cavi, bentley

HPIM1471.jpg
[/IMG]

HPIM1468.jpg
[/IMG]

here is her house while we are at work and also where she chills :D we added a home made run to the front so she has more room

HPIM1475.jpg
[/IMG]

and here are her pals bentley(cavi) and sullivan (lab)

HPIM1458.jpg
[/IMG]

sorry for all the pics but completely :love: my little girl.

also can anyone tell me what coat type she is. i know she is an english cross, is she agouti???

HPIM1480.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi Shell, what lovely pictures!!

Bella looks like a self English to me, you do get solid colour ones as well as the spotted ones in most litters, and her colour is grey (English rabbits come in Black, blue, chocolate, tortoiseshell and grey, although it is more like brown-grey I always think!)

oh really , i never knew they could come in solid colours. always thought they had to have those utterly gorgeous spots. bella's ears always make me laugh as they are HUGE. my husbad jokes that she is trying to pick up radio reception :roll: i saw a giant rabbit in her colouring the other day and you should have seen our faces!!! i think my husand actually went green and said that he hopes those ears of hears arent a sign of things to come!!! :lol: (though one day wayyyyyyyy in the future and when we've won the lottery and had a mansion, i would love to have a giant rabbit. a girl can dream eh) xx

thank you for all your lovely comments :D i take her shiny coat as a good sign that she's getting all the right things she needs. im currently getting her lead trained so that i can take her to my inlaws to play on the grass as our garden is shared and i dont like her to be on it too much xx

she looks like she has belgian hare in her background somewhere to me...i don't know much about breeds though....just a thoguht :) gorgeous anyway :)

belgian hare???? everyone teases me that she is a hare and someone just picked her out of a field :lol: whatever she is, shes amazing. i have totally become smitten with bunnys. as she has my 2 dogs, do you think she will be ok without a bunny companion??? because i bought her before i knew better and im worried she's going to now get lonely xx

She is really beautiful! :love:

I had a foster self black english and her ears were massive too
This is Luna

DSCF0133.jpg

Though my english, who has english markings, ears are not that big :? very bizzarre.

Whatever Bella is, one thing is for sure, she is stunning.

thank you :D her ears are a talking point with whoever comes over to our place. they are one of the reasons i picked her as i thought they gave her charecter. that and the fact that she fought her way to get our attention and while i was crouched down she jumped on my lap and stood up to look me in the face. 'look into the eyes, not around the eyes, look into the eyes... now you're under!!!' :lol: ;) xx

Bella is such a gorgeous bun. :love: Welcome to the forums to both of you!

Not sure of the breed, but that bun's definitely got some ears on her! :lol:

Also, it looks like you are good at spoiling your bun like the rest of us! I really like the cage set-up. One thing I found here that you might be interested in are NIC condos. Really easy to assemble, and lots of freedom for your bun! Here's an example of what you can do with them:

http://www.mnhouserabbit.org/assets/images/Bun-Guinea Condo.jpg

Can't wait to see more pictures of Bella and her puppy friends! Once again, welcome! :wave:

Back