• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly bunny U/D Didn't make it :(

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
We have a poorly bunny at work (well, she's here with me as I brought her home last night).
She developed bad bloat and went to the vets yesterday and had pain relief and metaclop and fluids etc.

I took her home and was giving her fluids, recovery diet, gripe water, tummy massage and also gave her a dose of lactulose which got her bowels moving but she was still very bloated this morning. I got up at 5am and gave her a does of metacam for her pain.

I booked her into the Vets Now and despite waiting an hour and half was lucky to see a great vet willing to try everything. He gave her another 10mls of subcut fluids, metaclop, antibiotics and vetergesic for pain relief.

He gave me another 10mls of Hartmanns to bring home with me and gave me more recovery diet and metacam so I can help her pain relief when necessary.

I was convinced he was going to say pts, so after a bad night it was a bit of good news :)

P.s...the vet is LOVELY ;). In all seriousness he was lovely when I rushed Mummy Moo (ratty) in late one night with breathing difficulties. Although he had to put her sleep, he was so nice to her and me. Wonderful :)

Last edited:
How is she now Laura, sorry you are having such a :censored: time.

I wonder if it's the same guy who I saw last Sunday with Twinkle, I was quite impressed with him, he checked her for everything, and explained all the meds he was giving to her;)

How is she now Laura, sorry you are having such a :censored: time.

I wonder if it's the same guy who I saw last Sunday with Twinkle, I was quite impressed with him, he checked her for everything, and explained all the meds he was giving to her;)

Quite attractive...beard....called Adam? ;)

Yep thats the one - You need to shop earlier Laura:lol: I was there at 7.00 am last Sunday, we were the only ones there, so got straight in;)

Well last time I got him it was 11pm at night and I was straight in lol.

Wonder if he's single??? ;)

He remembered me from when I took Maggie Moo in...perhaps I should take a note in with my number....just in case he's single lol ;)

Back