• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rapid weightloss since going on panacur??

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
I am really worried about Izzy, all the buns are havig a 4 week course of panacur, this started on Tuesday when i weighed them all to get the doses, Izzy felt quite thin this morning when i picked her up for a cuddle so i have just weighed her again, she was 1.51kg on Tuesday she in now 1.25kg :cry:
she is eating etc but doesn't seem to want to do much today (ie run around etc) but i put that down to the fact its boiling here today, any ideas anyone?

I would weigh her again in a couple of days. Also try to see if her partner (assuming she has one?) is getting more than his fare share of the pelleted feed.

BTW are they on A+P ?

Ok thanks Jane, Oh thinks i am being paranoid he just gave her some extra food which she wolfed down so maybe Oscar (her partner) is just being a pig these days :?
They are on excel.

Well I'd weigh her again on Wednesday and if she has lost again I'd get C to take a look at her :)
She may be eating more slowly than Oscar and so he is getting most of the pellets. This *might* mean she has some tooth issues brewing.

Taking a break from the allotment!!! I have had this happen with 2 rabbits. I wondered if it is somehow caused by them having chronic underlying EC (the case with both of those rabbits) that somehow is 'disturbed' by the treatment and initially causes a flare up of problems (ok I am not a scientist or vet - but I just wondered??).

Back