• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another of our bunnies has just collapsed and died

They think it was acute pneumonia :? He was eating OK this morning, but because of Timmy we were 2 hours late going out to feed, we found him unable to walk and huffing badly. Steve rushed him to the emergency vet but we lost him on the table before we could even start treatment :cry::cry:

I am so worried that people are going to think we are doing something seriously wrong because we are loosing so many bunnies:cry: But honestly I spend all day with every single one and I am constantly checking for signs of illness :? Bertie was doing so well yesterday that we stopped his metacam for his back pain as he was only meant to have it for a few weeks. He was so happy and binkying about :)

I can only think that the stress of loosing so many partners so quickly has weakened his immune system :?

At least now he will be forever reunited with Meredith and Emmy-Lou and will never have to suffer the loss of another beloved bun.

He was such a lovely cuddly bun, the pain of loosing him hurts so much :cry:

Enormous hugs to you and Steve.

The fact the you do what you do is always going to mean that you sadly lose your wonderful bunnies; we all understand that. You both must be incredibly strong to keep doing the wonderful work that you have undertaken.

I know I couldn't.

I am so worried that people are going to think we are doing something seriously wrong because we are loosing so many bunnies

We all know that sadly you lose a higher number of bunnies cos you selflessly take in the elderly and infirm. No one thinks bad of you, we all just feel for you at this awful time xx

Back