• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly's Hocks getting treated

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Well, went to vet again today, because she had a pussy abscess. When we got there, we found that another abscess which I hadn't seen had burst on the journey to the vets. So in fact she had two abscesses. :cry:

She has had a c+s test done, and should hopefully get results by Thursday. He said that it is likely that she has multiple bacteria in her system, which is why it keeps returning when using only Baytril. So she's on an antibiotic injection at the moment which lasts 3-4 days, and then she'll get another antibiotic injection on Tuesday to cover until the results return.

I'm trying my best for this bunny, and she's not insured, so all the treatment is coming out of our own pocket, so I think that's proper ownership of an ill bunny. The test cost us £70, and we are willing to pay anything to get this bunny better, lets just hope it's sorted soon for her sake. :cry:

Could you get the vets to show you how to inject Molly yourself? Even long acting antibiotics are best given every other day or every couple of days, at least when initially starting treatment.

Good luck with the test results...I hope it's good news

Could you get the vets to show you how to inject Molly yourself? Even long acting antibiotics are best given every other day or every couple of days, at least when initially starting treatment.

Good luck with the test results...I hope it's good news

if we have to use antibiotics long term, then yes, we will do this. Thank you. :)

Well, she's effective to Terramycin, which she has been on for more than a week. There is no pus in her hock, but she does have an abscess on her hock, and we are going to see if it shrinks. If it's not gone by the middle of next week, then we are taking her in again.

Back