• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toyah Willcox Joins Those Who Support Make Mine Chocolate!

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Some good news for the Make Mine Chocolate! Campaign. Toyah Willcox has come on board as a supporter and she'll be lending her weight to this growing group of individuals and organisations who are speading the word about impulse purchasing of rabbits being wrong.

Check out what she has to say.......
http://makeminechocolate.co.uk/toyah.php

From the piece by her on MMC:-

Rabbits are beautiful, responsive and intelligent creatures. They are not like cats, they cannot be thrown from a great height and they do not have nine lives.

Somebody really needs to let them know she needs to change that, it looks awful and will do the campaign no good.:shock:

Yep, comments noted and passed back.

I'm sure she didn't mean exactly what it says, but she's trying to say that you can't handle and play with them in the same way you can a cat.

But, I agree it doesn't work too well upon a few more readings.

Yep, comments noted and passed back.

I'm sure she didn't mean exactly what it says, but she's trying to say that you can't handle and play with them in the same way you can a cat.

But, I agree it doesn't work too well upon a few more readings.

Oh I'm sure she doesn't mean it that way, I wasn't saying doubting her intentions, just needs a bit of rewording!

I see its reworded now but it still sends out the wrong message, some people are that dense they will actually believe a cat has 9 lives and go buy a cat for their kid instead. Maybe the whole sentence about cats should be removed. ;)

Good to see another celeb on board though! :wave:

I see its reworded now but it still sends out the wrong message, some people are that dense they will actually believe a cat has 9 lives and go buy a cat for their kid instead. Maybe the whole sentence about cats should be removed. ;)

Good to see another celeb on board though! :wave:

Now amended again - not a cat in sight!

Great to hear that Toyah's on board! I read a newspaper article in 97/98 about Toyah and her houserabbit Beaton and it was the first time I had ever heard of anyone keeping a rabbit indoors. I fell in love with the idea and knew the next rabbit I had would live indoors with me. My mum wasn't too keen on the idea though so I had to wait until I got my own place!! :lol:

I still have the article if anyone would like to see it.

Great to hear that Toyah's on board! I read a newspaper article in 97/98 about Toyah and her houserabbit Beaton and it was the first time I had ever heard of anyone keeping a rabbit indoors. I fell in love with the idea and knew the next rabbit I had would live indoors with me. My mum wasn't too keen on the idea though so I had to wait until I got my own place!! :lol:

I still have the article if anyone would like to see it.

Are you able to scan it in? I'd love to see it and then possibly even put it up on the site or the Facebook Group if it's relevent.

Helen :D

Are you able to scan it in? I'd love to see it and then possibly even put it up on the site or the Facebook Group if it's relevent.

Helen :D

I've scanned it in two parts as it's too big for my scanner. Does anyone know how to join two images? If not, I'll just upload it as two jpegs.

I went to the same school as Toyah .... bit of random for the day ;)

A celeb is always great to have :D

Yeah true, so if any of you have any friends that are approachable and appropriate celebs that would like to lend their name to our campaign, give us a shout!

Back