PDA

View Full Version : Disaster for Timmy, pictures on page 4/ UD post 67

Hugo's There
22-08-2009, 03:19 PM
:cry::cry::cry:

He had a bad fall ( he is always falling over as now he feels better he thinks he is superman :roll: ) luckily we were there when it happened and could see straight away that he couldn't use his back legs :(

We rushed him straight to the vets within minutes. He has broken his pelvis :cry::cry:

We are going to give him every chance we can so he will need cage rest for weeks if it has a chance of healing. Such a shame as we had nearly bonded him to some other bunnies and he was so happy :cry:

We are not sure what the outcome will be as he is so arthritic already and his bones are not in the best of condition but we are determined to stay positive for him. He is such a fighter but still nedds all the vibes he can get :(

karen354
22-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Oh no bless him :( I hope he makes a full recovery ..

hurricanhoney
22-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Sending loads of vibes for Timmy.

keepingmesane
22-08-2009, 03:22 PM
oh no :cry: :cry: :cry: poor timmy. will be thinking of him and you xxxxx

Amsy1991
22-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Oh dear :(
Tons of vibes coming your way for Timmy, I hope he's okay.
x

SisterMoonbeam
22-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Hope Timmy will be ok :(

The Duchess
22-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Oh no Liz, that's such awful news. I do hope that his body is as much of a fighter as he clearly is and that his pelvis heals quickly. Sending you every kind of vibe going.

Oompa-Loompa
22-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Aww poor Timmy! I hope he'll be ok *sends vibes*

rabswood
22-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Oh poor little one. I hope everything turns out OK for him.

Rabswood

Jack's-Jane
22-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Good grief :shock: :cry:

Poor Bunny :cry:

Hugo's There
22-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Oh no Liz, that's such awful news. I do hope that his body is as much of a fighter as he clearly is and that his pelvis heals quickly. Sending you every kind of vibe going.

Thanks Helen, we are just relieved to have been able to bring him home, for awhile we weren't sure we were going to get the chance :(

The problem is that he has probably never felt so well and comfortable and thinks he can take on the world, he forgets that his poor old arthritic legs are still 8 years old :(

He is wrapped up in a sheepskin bed with a hotwater bottle at the moment. He is pretty much out of it as he had a mild GA for the x-rays and has had opiate pain relief.

We just pray that his old bones can heal themselves

ETA forgot to say, he was only chasing one of our cats across the lounge for fun when his back legs couldn't keep up with his front and he took a real tumble. The number of times he has fallen over while trying to hump things I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner:?

Kermit
22-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Oh no, he was getting on so well, this is an absolute disaster!
I really do hope he can get better from this, he is a wee fighter and im sure if it can be done he will try his best.
Sending the biggest amount of vibes ever to Timmy, come on wee lad, we all love you here and need you better x

prettylupin
22-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Oh dear what a shock for you :( ....hoping he's on the mend soon!! :)

angeleyes
22-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Oh no Liz :cry: Poor Timmy sending loads of vibes for him xx

Sam_Spice
22-08-2009, 04:21 PM
(((vibes))) for timmy hoping the clumbsy boy is back on his feet soon:D

louise and Gus
22-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Oh no...what a set back :( Poor Timmy xx

bunny babe
22-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Sending Timmy lots of vibes, I hope he will make a full recovery.

Michelleox
22-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Oh no, poor Timmy! Lot's of healing vibes from me

Bunnyaddict
22-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Oh Liz how dreadful :cry: Sending Timmy all the vibes in the world to come through this xxx

Mackers
22-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Poor little chap. Hope he's soon back to humping everything Liz! Sending lots of healing <<<<vibes>>>>

elaine35uk
22-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Poor Timmy he's had such a tough time loads and loads of healing vibes for this beautiful boy x

natandfluffs
22-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Oh no, how horrible! Poor Timmy, I do hope he gets better, am so rooting for him I have such a soft spot for old arthritic bunnies... and he's such a character.

Hugo's There
22-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Timmy seems quite content in his cosy bed. He is more alert but thankfully for now is making no attempt to move. He has been happily munching on greens which I have been hand feeding him in small pieces. He is such a special boy :love:

lilbun
22-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Noserubs for poor Timmy xx

Tinsel
23-08-2009, 07:05 AM
What a hideous time you're having. Thank goodness, as you say, it wasn't worse still. Poor Timmy - sending vibes and noserubs.....

Toadie
23-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Lots of vibes and noserubs for special Timmy :love:

Hugo's There
23-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Thank you

Timmy is eating and pooing well but unable to move :(

My main concern at this point is his weeing. He hasn't wee'd since it happened. He only wees twice a day normally anyway and that is when he is free ranging, which he obviously can't do at the moment :( I really don't want the sludge to build up in his bladder again, not after all the work he has put in to get himself well again :(

angeleyes
23-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Awww poor Timmy :cry: He is in the best hands with you Liz and i am sure he will recover, sending vibes for him xx

gillmanning
23-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Sending lots of vibes and nose rubs for wonderful Timmy :love: :love:

Julia123
23-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Sending vibes for Timmy xxx

Hugo's There
23-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Here are a few pictures of our brave soldier :love::love:

On his return from the vets yesterday:(
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM2294.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM2295.jpg

Having a cuddle in the sun this morning
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM2297.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM2298.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM2299.jpg

Breakfast time
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM2300.jpg

We think it is really important to keep to his routine and get as much human contact as possible as he is so used to it and we do not want him to get depressed stuck in his cage, but at the same time we are trying hard not to move him about to much :? Hopefully he will be able to come out for a little cuddle on the sofa this evening and we have made him a tiny little run in the garden so that he can sit in it and hopefully have a wee :)

yvette
23-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Poor lad looks so sorry for himself....so much more different than the other pics where hes sat all confident.
Wishing the bunster a speedy complete recovery.Bless him!!!:love:

Kermit
23-08-2009, 03:01 PM
He is just so sweet, such a shame that this has happened to him, but he deffo has the best care there with you.
Vibes for Timmy to get better x

bunnymadhouse
23-08-2009, 03:04 PM
ohhh ...pooor little Timmy :(

sending lots of quick healing vibes

BunnyBekkie
23-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Dylan: Timmy!! Have you been watching jackass on MTV while your mummy's back is turned?! It says at the start that stuff like that should be left to the pros. Like them. And me. I'm a pro when it comes to falls, especially from 1st floor windows ;)
Hope you're feeling soon though buddy :)

Bunnyaddict
23-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Bless Timmy Liz - wishing him a speedy recovery, lots of vibes & love for your brave little man xxx

The Duchess
23-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Awh, Timmy sucking up the lovin' even more now then! Great photos which I will have to save down and take to work. Healing vibes on the way for that cutie.

Michelleox
23-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Timmy is gorgeous. I really hope he recovers and gets back to enjoying himself

biscandmatt1
23-08-2009, 08:17 PM
poor timmy. i am sending loads of vibes for his recovery. xxx

willow the wisp
23-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Bless him. Get better soon TIMMY. :love:

Hunnybunny2007
23-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Poor little Timmy - Sending loads of vibes for a full speedy recovery x

antigone
23-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Sending lots of vibes for Timmy xx

Julia123
23-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Awwwww he is so beautiful !!! Get better soon little one xxxxxx

Rachie
23-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Poor wee mite :(

huppie
24-08-2009, 07:52 AM
vibes coming your way...

elaine35uk
24-08-2009, 10:07 AM
How's Timmy this morning?

Hugo's There
24-08-2009, 10:11 AM
He has had a wee in his litter tray over night which I am very relieved about :) He is still munching well which is great.

Although he has movement in his back legs he is unable to walk and does look uncomfortable but I guess that is to be expected at this stage.

We made a lovely little nest for him last night on the sofa so he could watch TV with us. I put some vet bed and fleecy blankets in a high sided fluffy cat bed for him and we watched marley and me. Not a good choice of film, didn't realise how emotional it would be, me and Steve sat and cried our eyes out :oops:

gillmanning
24-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Yey, keep up the good work Timmy :love: :love:

Kermit
24-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Keep getting better Timmy, you are doing so well.

KateB
24-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Just caught up with this - poor Timmy!

Lots of fast healing vibes for him from all of us :love:

Emm-Jane76
24-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Poor Timmy. Sending bunny kisses to him for a speedy recovery x

giantbunnymummy
24-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Loads of vibes for Timmy, hope he continues to get a bit better every day. He's such a beuatiful boy :love:

lunar6769
24-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Sending 'get better soon' and 'much weeing' vibes for Timmy :)

Hugo's There
25-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Thank you, I have been reading all the replies out to Timmy and I swear he has been listening and understanding all the good wishes :oops::)

Last night we had a cuddle on the sofa and I am pleased to report that he did 5 wees in the space of 30 minutes :) ( my poor sofa:lol: )

His front half was much more active last night, but thankfully he is still resting his back end. He does still have full movement in his back legs as he had a little stretch, he just can't lift his pelvis at the moment.

We had a lovely time together, he dragged hmself half out of his bed so he could rest his head and front legs on my lap, so he got continual head rubs while I had my leg licked for over an hour :love::love:

*lily*
25-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Awww bless him!

Snuggles and huggles for a beautiful baby :D

louise and Gus
25-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Awww stay strong Timmy xxx

NLENG2000
25-08-2009, 09:34 AM
I have only just seen this thread! Poor Timmy! Sounds like he is being a good boy and allowing himself to heal though which is great news! Sending lots of vibes for a speedy recovery! xx

drpengie
26-08-2009, 09:25 AM
I hope Timmy gets better soon. Bless the wee little man x x x

Michelleox
26-08-2009, 09:42 AM
How is he today?

natandfluffs
26-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Aw what a sweetie!! Sounds like you're doing a great job with him Liz. He sounds like such a lovely boy.

Hugo's There
26-08-2009, 10:37 AM
How is he today?

He seems really bright and much more comfortable :D He is able to lift his back end to wee now and he gave me a nice nip on the arm this morning because he didn't get his breakfast quickly enough :lol: So all back to normal there :roll::lol:

He has a check up tomorrow morning so will update again then :wave:

prettylupin
26-08-2009, 02:52 PM
He seems really bright and much more comfortable :D He is able to lift his back end to wee now and he gave me a nice nip on the arm this morning because he didn't get his breakfast quickly enough :lol: So all back to normal there :roll::lol:

He has a check up tomorrow morning so will update again then :wave:

A nip on the arm?! :lol: Sounds like someone is feeling much better! :D Good luck with your appointment tomorrow Timmy :)

Hugo's There
26-08-2009, 02:53 PM
A nip on the arm?! :lol: Sounds like someone is feeling much better! :D Good luck with your appointment tomorrow Timmy :)

Should have seen what he did to my boob at the vets on Saturday, and I thought he just wanted a reassuring cuddle :roll::lol::lol::lol:

prettylupin
26-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Should have seen what he did to my boob at the vets on Saturday, and I thought he just wanted a reassuring cuddle :roll::lol::lol::lol:

Ouch!! :shock: I've had that....it's when they catch your nipple that it really hurts!!!! :oops::lol: Poppy does it to me at 'brush' time in the evening - so Mr PL does brushing her 'cos she loves him and doesn't bite him :roll:
Hope Timmy gets well soon - only just read about his pelvis - what a terrible shock! :shock: especially when he was making such good progress....however, I have every faith that with you guys he will be back on the mend in no time at all. :) Sending him lots of vibes for a speedy recovery. x

Hugo's There
26-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Ouch!! :shock: I've had that....it's when they catch your nipple that it really hurts!!!! :oops::lol: Poppy does it to me at 'brush' time in the evening - so Mr PL does brushing her 'cos she loves him and doesn't bite him :roll:
Hope Timmy gets well soon - only just read about his pelvis - what a terrible shock! :shock: especially when he was making such good progress....however, I have every faith that with you guys he will be back on the mend in no time at all. :) Sending him lots of vibes for a speedy recovery. x

Thanks Vicky, he is doing so well :love: But I think he is going to be a terrible patient now he is able to move around abit. I am going to have to watch him like a hawk in case he trys something crazy again :roll::lol:

prettylupin
26-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks Vicky, he is doing so well :love: But I think he is going to be a terrible patient now he is able to move around abit. I am going to have to watch him like a hawk in case he trys something crazy again :roll::lol:

Yes he sounds like he needs a bunny padded cell of some sorts! :roll::lol:
Still - it's a very good and positive sign of his improved emotional state and I reckon that says it all :D:wave:

Hugo's There
27-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Timmy's check up went well :) He is making very good progress.

The only problem we have is that he had wee'd on himself last night, I was too scared to bath him for fear of hurting him or damaging him further. Glad I didn't as the vet said ( and it was quite a good one :) ) that i can't bath him and certainly can't turn him over. All I can do is stand him on a flat surface and sponge him down the best I can, but it is going to be very difficult to reach inside his back legs etc :?

But overall he is doing great :love: Last night him and Eddie spent the whole evening lying in the cat bed together :love:

Not such good news for Geoff today but thats another story :(

giantbunnymummy
27-08-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm glad Timmy is doing well, bless him :D Hope feeling better doesn't make him more bitey though :shock:

Sorry that Geoff isn't well :(

Vibes for both of them.

keepingmesane
27-08-2009, 09:20 AM
so pleased to hear how he got on this morning, and :love: :love: :love: :love: at him and eddie :)

sorry to hear about Geoff xxxxx sending +++++++vibes for him xxxx

angeleyes
27-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Timmy's check up went well :) He is making very good progress.

The only problem we have is that he had wee'd on himself last night, I was too scared to bath him for fear of hurting him or damaging him further. Glad I didn't as the vet said ( and it was quite a good one :) ) that i can't bath him and certainly can't turn him over. All I can do is stand him on a flat surface and sponge him down the best I can, but it is going to be very difficult to reach inside his back legs etc :?

But overall he is doing great :love: Last night him and Eddie spent the whole evening lying in the cat bed together :love:

Not such good news for Geoff today but thats another story :(

Glad to hear Timmy is doing better and that nurse Eddie has been keeping him company :love: :love:

Hope Geoff is ok xx

Kermit
27-08-2009, 09:50 AM
How do i sponsor Timmy?

Hugo's There
27-08-2009, 09:54 AM
How do i sponsor Timmy?

All the info you need is here :wave:

http://www.rainbowrabbits.co.uk/sponsor_a_rainbow_rabbit.htm

Just put Timmy's name on the form and you can either email it to me if you are paying by paypal or post it with a cheque:)

Kermit
27-08-2009, 06:40 PM
All the info you need is here :wave:

http://www.rainbowrabbits.co.uk/sponsor_a_rainbow_rabbit.htm

Just put Timmy's name on the form and you can either email it to me if you are paying by paypal or post it with a cheque:)

Done :)......my new wee sponsor boy x

Hugo's There
28-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Done :)......my new wee sponsor boy x

Thank you Kirsty, payment recieved. Will get it sent out asap :wave:

drpengie
28-08-2009, 01:03 PM
how's the brave Timmy doing just now? Hope he gets better soon x

Hugo's There
28-08-2009, 01:18 PM
how's the brave Timmy doing just now? Hope he gets better soon x

He is doing great, become much more mobile which is going to make it a lot harder for me to keep him still to heal, but I love a challenge :lol:

The main concern for us and the vet is that it could easily happen again, and he is such a crazy boy I know as soon as he has healed he will be trying to climb everything again:roll:

I posted yet more piccys of him with Eddie yesterday :love:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=194436

thank you so much for asking :wave:

Kermit
28-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Thats good news that he is feeling better, but he better stop wanting to move about so much or he will hurt himself again!
Well he has the best nurses there with him anyways :)

Hugo's There
28-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Ok its official, Timmy is insane :roll::roll:

Just given him a little bed bath as the vet instructed. When I put my hand under his tummy to clean inside his back legs with the other hand, the looney tune threw himself in the air over my shoulder :shock::shock: Thankfully I caught him in mid air, otherwise it was a good 5 foot drop :roll:

Next time I try that I will have to put several layers of towels on the floor and do it there rather than the worktop, at least that way he wont have quite as far to fall, my poor blood pressure :shock:

Glingle
28-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Timmy will you please stop giving your Mum heart attacks!

Glad to hear he's doing okay and sending calm, sensible behaviour vibes to Timmy.

Hugo's There
28-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Timmy will you please stop giving your Mum heart attacks!

Glad to hear he's doing okay and sending calm, sensible behaviour vibes to Timmy.

I don't think the words sensible and Timmy really go together :roll::lol::lol: