• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oxbow Critical care or SS recovery?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Which would be better for Snowdrop? She needs bulking up a little and my vet has recommended that I feed some of this alongside her normal diet.

I have used the Critical Care before but not the Recovery. Any ideas on which is better?

I prefer Critical care, but my buns both prefer recovery. Therefore I make up critical care AND recovery and stir a little of the recovery into the critical care to make it more palatable. The critical care I think is higher in fibre and with my buns causes less over production of caecotrophs - which always happens with recovery. But that's just my buns and my preference. :)

Thanks. She has had CC before and will eat it out of a bowl so will get that again I think. Just wondered if recovery was any good.

I really dislike recovery diet and always use critical care. With it having fennel in it my bun eats it from the bowl. She's been poorly this week so ive been able to feed it from the bowl which saves stress on both sides not having to syinge feed!!

Back