• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Wonder if This Would be Useful For Buns With 'Delicate' Tums ?

Interesting! I know years ago when I was discussing buns with recurrent stasis with my vet (when Nino used to get it a lot) he mentioned that a long-term Protexin product could be given to increase fibre intake daily....I wonder if this is the sort of thing?! Or the other link you put on the thread above for the toothless bun? Same manufacturer - I think this is the stuff he was talking about.
They do say gastrointestinally rabbits and horses are the 'most' similar. No doubt colonisation of the caecal bacteria varies a little though....maybe they'll make one just for bunnies one day! ;)

Interesting! I know years ago when I was discussing buns with recurrent stasis with my vet (when Nino used to get it a lot) he mentioned that a long-term Protexin product could be given to increase fibre intake daily....I wonder if this is the sort of thing?! Or the other link you put on the thread above for the toothless bun? Same manufacturer - I think this is the stuff he was talking about.
They do say gastrointestinally rabbits and horses are the 'most' similar. No doubt colonisation of the caecal bacteria varies a little though....maybe they'll make one just for bunnies one day! ;)

Maybe, but I dont think I'll be holding my breath !!

Back