• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weight of Conti Giants

Michelle666

Mama Doe
Ive just got back from the vets with Thelma & Louise. They've had their myxi jabs. The vet weighed them both and commented on Thelma being over weight, but I dont think she is. She came in at 6.9kg and Louise is 6.1kg (she's always been smaller!)

What does everyone think? Ive read that contis can weight from 5-8kg

I dont know anything about it but i have read that they can weigh from8kg upwards.
they dont look big in their pics. hate it when vets say things like that makes you feel awful especially if you suspect they might not be right.
Can we see some pics to get a better idea ;):oops::D

I had this problem with Ronnie when he went for his Myxi jab, he weighed in at 6.2, and she said he could do with loosing a bit of weight :roll: I said to her contis weights can be anywhere in between 5-8kg, and she didnt say anything? She isnt bunny savvy though... (i only use that vets for the jabs as its closer for Ronnie to travel)

I would ignore it if i were you :) xXx

Archie is 5.9kg & Emily is 8.3kg! They're not overweight & definitely don't get over fed - our vet thinks they're in great condition :)

I'd take no notice of them :?

Back