• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed

hobbo31

New Kit
I have had two Continental giants a male and female living together for nearly 4 years both from kits, I have just had to have the female put to sleep at the vets and don't know how the male will cope, he seems to to eating and hopping around, the question is do I try to get another to go with him or see how he go's ?

I'm sorry to hear you lost your bunny.
If he has always been with another bunny he will probably be feeling lonely and confused at the moment.
Did he get to see the other bunny after she was put to sleep? it can help them to understand their mate is gone forever.
I would spend lots of time with him until you feel ready to get another bunny, then take him along to a rescue and let him choose a new girlfriend. It would be a shame for him to live a lonely life as he is clearly able to bond with other rabbits.
Remember when you get your new bunny home he may feel territorial, so make sure you have somewhere completely neutral to keep them until they are fully bonded xx

Back