• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scaly skin on ear. Help please.

Jemadra

New Kit
My 15 week old lop cross, Lola has some sort of scaly patch on the outside of her ear. It started as a white crusty patch and now is like the picture below. You can see a second patch beginning. Any ideas what it is? Mites? I have only had her 3 weeks and she is my first rabbit. Sorry pic is so big.
P220809_0155.jpg

It looks like ear mites or fur mites to me. It's pretty easily treated with ivermectin or selamectin from what I've read. I would just pop her over to a vet and have them take a look. And if you haven't had her see a vet yet, it would be a good opportunity to have her thoroughly looked over and talk to your vet about vaccinations. Just make sure your vet is rabbit savvy. If you want to post where you're from, I bet some people could help you find a good vet nearby.

Congratulations on becoming a new bunny mom! :)

It looks like ear mites or fur mites to me. It's pretty easily treated with ivermectin or selamectin from what I've read. I would just pop her over to a vet and have them take a look. And if you haven't had her see a vet yet, it would be a good opportunity to have her thoroughly looked over and talk to your vet about vaccinations. Just make sure your vet is rabbit savvy. If you want to post where you're from, I bet some people could help you find a good vet nearby.

Congratulations on becoming a new bunny mom! :)

Thank you very much, I will do exactly that. Feeling rather overwhelmed, being a rabbit mum is a steep learning curve. I'm glad I found this place though.:love:

Back