• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jose's limping! Update - back from vets

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
Jose's just suddenly started limping, she doesnt seems to want to put weight down on one of her front legs. i havent seen her hurt it or anything and i've tried feeling all up her legs and she doesnt flinch or anything at any part of it..

She had her VHD yesterday morning, could this be related? She's been fine up until now tho

Help please!

Last edited:
Jose's just suddenly started limping, she doesnt seems to want to put weight down on one of her front legs. i havent seen her hurt it or anything and i've tried feeling all up her legs and she doesnt flinch or anything at any part of it..

She had her VHD yesterday morning, could this be related? She's been fine up until now tho

Help please!

Yes, especially if it was the CYLAP VHD Vaccine

She should recover in 24-48 hours. A NSAID such as Metacam would help her feel more comfortable

Yes, especially if it was the CYLAP VHD Vaccine

She should recover in 24-48 hours. A NSAID such as Metacam would help her feel more comfortable

I was hoping you'd reply Jane :D it was the Cylap one she had

Where do I get Metacam from? Do i have to get it from the vets?

I was hoping you'd reply Jane :D it was the Cylap one she had

Where do I get Metacam from? Do i have to get it from the vets?

Yes Metacam is prescription only.
Dont be surprised if your Vet says that the Vaccine should not be the cause of the problem. The manufaturers are still refusing to put the possible side effect on the Vaccine Data Sheet. If you do a search on here you will find loads of threads about the Cylap VHD Vaccine Limp.

Yes Metacam is prescription only.
Dont be surprised if your Vet says that the Vaccine should not be the cause of the problem. The manufaturers are still refusing to put the possible side effect on the Vaccine Data Sheet. If you do a search on here you will find loads of threads about the Cylap VHD Vaccine Limp.

Ok thank you so much :D

She seems ok in herself (she's currently chewing my belt!), shes just sitting still more than usual (she's usually running around non-stop lol)

I'll give the vets a call in the morning

Thank you again - you're an absolute star!!

Is it best to keep her in her pen or leave her free ranging?

Ok thank you so much :D

She seems ok in herself (she's currently chewing my belt!), shes just sitting still more than usual (she's usually running around non-stop lol)

I'll give the vets a call in the morning

Thank you again - you're an absolute star!!

Is it best to keep her in her pen or leave her free ranging?

I'd let her do her normal things. The reaction is a bit like that we might get after a Flu jab and so movement actually helps as it stops everything 'seizing up' so to speak. Just keep an eye on her eating and poo production as pain/discomfort can effect GI motility.

This happened with my kermit, he was holding his front paw up and limping, wore off by the next day. Hopefully Jose should be fine.

I'd let her do her normal things. The reaction is a bit like that we might get after a Flu jab and so movement actually helps as it stops everything 'seizing up' so to speak. Just keep an eye on her eating and poo production as pain/discomfort can effect GI motility.

She's eating and pooing fine :D

210820091041.jpg

thank you so much for your help :D

This happened with my kermit, he was holding his front paw up and limping, wore off by the next day. Hopefully Jose should be fine.

I hope so, I'll see how she is in the morning and ring the vets if she's still limping. I thought we'd been lucky with no side effects cos she was fine all day yesterday

Just got back from the vets, and she said its muscular and that Jose has probably just hurt herself when jumping around or something :roll:

The vets given her an injection of Metacam and told us to take her back on Monday if she's no better

She also said to keep her confined to a small space for 24hrs - in her pet carrier :?

Shall I keep her in her pet carrier for a bit or move her back into her original indoor cage for a bit? (This would probably help us to be honest cos we're laying the lino in her new rabbit room now and we need to dismantle her nic set up to do this)

Id say pop her in her indoor cage while you do the lino thing and then let her out after... you dont want her wondering around without you being able to watch her and you dont want her under your feet anyways...

Poor lil Jose

Big noserubs for her :)

Id say pop her in her indoor cage while you do the lino thing and then let her out after... you dont want her wondering around without you being able to watch her and you dont want her under your feet anyways...

Poor lil Jose

Big noserubs for her :)

SHe's in her indoor cage and isnt too happy about it lol. Its not for long tho so she'll have to like it or lump it lol

I'll pass on the nose rubs for you :D

Excellent.

Lil Rimmi gets a bit stroppy when we put him away at bedtime too... bless :p

Dont like him wondering around the house without supervision incase he does something.

Plus, hes a food theif, never know what he might steal if we weren't looking!

Thanks for passing on the nose rubs. Im sure she'll soon forget the 'trauma' of being 'locked away'... I swear bunnies are drama queens really ! :D

SHe's in her indoor cage and isnt too happy about it lol. Its not for long tho so she'll have to like it or lump it lol

I'll pass on the nose rubs for you :D

Back