• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Experiences with EC - U/D Bloods back.

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Would like some of your experiences with EC if possible. Fidge is booked into the vets tomorrow. She has lost weight and has urine stains on her belly so it doesn't look good. Have started another course of panacur as a precaution anyway but dreading what the vet says tomorrow i am so worried i could cry :cry:

I can't find much info on it in honesty so would like to know as much about it as i can so i am prepared if it turns out the be EC, obviously i know there is no surefire way of diagnosing it but the symptoms seem to suggest as much :cry:

Last edited:
Thanks for the vibes! Just went in to see her and the sight of her is so distressing. She is just skin and bones :cry::cry::cry:

This has come about so quickly! I am so scared

With her symptoms it would be worth asking for blood tests to check kidney function as well as a e.c. titre tests.
Sometimes though dental or gut problems can cause excessive drinking and urination and also weight loss
Eta: as she is already on panacur the e.c. test results will be unreliable but I would carry on with the treatment anyway xx

Last edited:
Hope Fidget is OK. Sorry I am not very experienced with EC. Wesley had suspected EC at the beginning of the year he had head tilt. Luckily it was caught early so he recovered after a few weeks and is a normal happy bunny now. Sending loads of vibes for Fidget.

Thanks everyone. She seems fine in herself. Just been in and she's running around my feet expecting food as normal :lol:. But i know how fast they go downhill sometimes but i'm hoping it's a good sign.

Will let you know how i get on at the vets this morning. Just a thought though - i have to get the bus there. It's not too far, bout 10 minutes, but will this stress her out too much?

She has had some bloods taken which i have to ring for in about half an hour. There is a chance it's a UTI but vet seems pretty certain it's kidney failure :cry:

Is she drinking huge amounts and weeing loads ?

She is drinking more than she used to yes. I put this down to eating more hay and less grass now she is in the shed and not in the run as often due to the dogs getting secure aviary end of this month) so eating much more hay so less moisture but I was wrong and stupid and should have seen it earlier. Hard to tell if she is weeing more as they wee in several different areas of the shed.

:cry:

Has your Vet suggested any paliative care/ treatment ?

I was given some antibiotics for her today in case it was an infection but she said that they are pretty much useless against liver disease. She said if she does respond to the antibiotics then take her in in a week. If not then ASAP.

She did say that there is treatment but it is quite intensive (medicating several times a day etc..) and that will prolong her some but all in all the prognosis is not good.

If i can get anything to ease any suffering then i will do whatever it takes but she told me how it is likely to progress and i just can't see her go through that. At the moment she is still eating and her normal bubbly self but as soon as i see signs of further illness i think i will have to let her go :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I just can't believe this is happening :cry:

Last edited:
Back