• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sheds here

naynay

Young Bun
well the shed arrived and is waiting to be adapted for my buns ginger and spice. off to b and q i go...have measured the door and window frames to make a mesh frame..also the floor for a vinyl floor.. hope i can manage the insulation as well... hope the weather dries up so i can work outside..wish me luck fellow bun lovers..:bunny:

having a break from making the mesh doors...about the window. if i remove the glass and put a mesh screen on the inside, what would be the best for the outside when it's raining? If i put up wood and the buns r inside it will be dark and gloomy and airless..although if I'm home the door would be open. Then i saw some shutters in Taskers which would do well but they're a bit expensive..so any ideas please would all be welcome!!!! :lol:

Ps ..maybe i could use 2 pieces of perspex when it's raining..then it would still be light inside the shed.
I have been trawling through the threads going back to the first one and probably will be asking the same old questions..but
1. it will be OK to let buns still in to play in the kitchen and then out to the bun house to sleep ..won't it?? they wont get confused or anything I hope.

2. is it OK to leave the main door open during the day when there is no one around..provided the mesh door is locked and safely secured??

3. I have now found that the nails holding the shed together arre protruding on the inside, so I think if I board up the lower half of the shed with hardboard that shoud be bun safe... OK?

4. It all looks so easy but it's a challenge for me..am enjoying it ..had to extend the frame of the mesh door cos when it was up i couldnt close the outer door...a learning curve. learnt how to countersink screws yesterday too

;););)

Last edited:
your shed sounds fab! I did my shed earlier in the year...great fun!

I leave their door open all day but have a mesh frame blocking the door so they can't get out if I am out.

Re the windows...rather than making a mesh frame and covering with perspex...i used a louvre window...you can keep it on the angle, so the air gets in but the rain doesn't. Works really well.

sounds a good idea..would i still need mesh on the inside as well?.. have started insulating with bubble wrap and just have to get some MDF or plywood to cover it with..got some vinyl for the floor and i hope it will be finished over the w.end. any ramps and slopes will be added at later dates as I'm beginning to feel the pinch now!!!! :D

PS where could i get a louvre vent/window from.for a shed.....there is one on e bay but not v. cheap..and one for a guardman green house..nothing for a shed...yet :lol:

Last edited:
Back