• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit lunging at me!

GBNI

Warren Scout
Adrian lunged at me today while I was trying to catch him in from the bonding pen. I had already got Joey out, but Adrian just kept going in circles. When he realised I wasn't going to let him sit out in the pouring rain M(it is bucketing down here!) he stopped and then lunged towards me. I didn't see if his teeth were bared though. I said 'no' in a firm voice and finally caught him.

Normally, I don't like to catch him this way, instead I entice him into the carrier but he wouldn't go in.

my rabbits do this when i clean out their hutch- they arent the tamest but they HATE me in their hutch. The run? no problem. You probably just P*****d him off by chasing after him- i have been at the receiving end of many a lunge... usually food related or towards the brush whilst cleaning.

If it becomes a habit i would worry then- but not after 1 incident

Jem

Im lucky, lucky doesn't lung at my, but scamps is a moody so and so, and i can never catch her without bleeding!she doesn't lung, she just scratches!

What i would do is, if you have the same trouble, then leave . . . .

come back 5 minutes later, and try again, this will make the bunnies inpationt and want to come in. I worked when i had blacky, But he died :(:cry:

Back