• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Do your bunnys get in a mood when you clean there sleeping place out ?

You mean Smokey does.

It is probably her being a bit hormonal and protective about her home. My guys dont really mind but I usually let them free range while im doing it to get them out of the way.

Yeh Sorryy.

Smokey Dose

Me to i let her/him free range while i do it but when i go to put him back, everyhere but her/his house,

thank you x

How old is Smokey?
She/he is probably getting a tad hormonal and territorial of his/her home.

Well all of mine get thoroughly disgruntled when I clean them out, and all of mine are neutered and well over teenage age! They just don't like being clean :?

Yep mine too!

Although she was spayed last week and has been a lot calmer since. She still storms into a nice clean shed and throws stuff around until it's how she likes it though :lol:

I dont think my bunnies are normal - when I clean them out, they assume I am bringing either food or more hay so get excited and want to be involved.

I did have a (neutered) rabbit who used to make a strange noise which sounded like a raspberry when I cleaned him out to show his displeasure. He was only defending his home and friend from someone rearranging his good housekeeping so didn't mind. I wouldn't be happy if someone barged into my house and started changing things, so could see his point of view.

only my girls get s the hump while im cleaning them out the boys couldnt care two hoots, frosty will lunge snarl grunt at the dustpan and brush and refuse to move, carrie has to be the other side of my bedroom for me to pick up the tray and leave the room with it, beth will attack my marigolds, but then she will spend 2 hours making hay tunnels or fashioning a new hair do or hats :lol:

Oh yea! Biscuit comes along and throws the dustpan out of her hutch when I clean her. It is her territory and she doesn't like me in there unless it is to provide food or snuggles :)

Some bunnies just like to have their own space. :evil:

Back