• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Max needs loads of vibes today/ updated not bladder stones

mich8

Alpha Buck
Max is at the vets today for bladder stone operation :cry::cry::cry:

I am so so worried about him :cry:

Last edited:
ok so the vet has just phoned.....

It is not bladder stones. Xray showed no problems.

The vet thinks there is a problem with a lack of calcium.
He also said that his bones on the Xray did not show up the right colour (also indicating that it is poss a calcium problem).
Now taking bloods to check kidney function and other stuff.

Glad there were no stones :) I hope the bloods come back with good news.

Our Evie had a lack of calcium in her bones due to over breeding and being kept in disgusting conditions :( Still breaks my heart everytime I think about her :cry::cry:

Hi
But that is what i dont understand....

All my rabbits are fed on Excel, unlimited hay, fresh foods etc.
They have constant access outside.
They are cleaned daily.

If he was a negleted bun, maybe i could understand it

This is where they live

PICT1881.jpg

PICT1880.jpg

So I dont know what has gone wrong....

Oh I assumed he was recently rescued :?

I have no idea what else would cause it, unless his body has a problem that causes him to absorb less calcium for some reason. I hope the vets can get to the bottom of it. We had to feed Evie a high calcium diet, including lots of alfa alfa:)

ETA fab set up :D

No... I have had Max for 14 months (took him off someone who did not want him anymore when he was 14 months old). So he is now 2 and a half years.
He has not had the best of health though. Ear infections, eye infections, stasis twice and a dental.

Will have to wait for bloods now i suppose.

Back