• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long would you wait?

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
In my situation, before attempting to bond Jelly,Domino and Pebbles.

Peanut was the bully in the foursome, so technically they should be fine, if anyone gets left out majorly i will have to eventually find a friend for jelly but no way for a long time yet.

But how long would you wait regarding Jelly, before giving her new friends?

I think two weeks, mum thinks longer. She is quiet, overly affectionate and clingy but still eating and doesnt seem too down and sad.

x

I would sooner rather than later if you can bring yourself to do it.

I would have already bonded Stevie with Eva if it wasn't for the fact she needed spaying.

Like you say she "should" be ok with them.

Good luck with it, maybe it is better to get it done before you come back to set your mind at rest?

I would go for it if you can.
Both times my Bobby was bereaved, he had a new friend by the end of the week. It was very hard to do as I thought I was betraying Patch and Nougat's memories, but Bobby was much happier with company.
xxx

I think sooner the better really...bunnies don't think like us and will probably be missing Peanut as a bunny companion rather than for him being Peanut if you see what I mean...so I think getting her with other bunny companions as soon as you can will make her feel better..

I think sooner the better really...bunnies don't think like us and will probably be missing Peanut as a bunny companion rather than for him being Peanut if you see what I mean...so I think getting her with other bunny companions as soon as you can will make her feel better..

i just feel like im not honouring him, but then its not even like im replacing him is it, because theybe been bonded before and i already have them. so its not like im going out and finding another bunny.

Its selfish but i feel like, while she misses him too i have the comfort from that, as soon as she doesnt im alone. :oops:

I would say to bond them sooner rather than later. When I lost Mopsy the hardest bit for me was seeing Peter alone and lonely. We got Posy just for him, I wasnt ready for a new bun. They were bonded a week after Mopsy went and it was the best thing I could have done for Peter.

A month on I am crazy about my little Posy and so glad we got her but she hasnt replaced Mopsy and I dont feel that I havent honoured Mopsy by getting her. Mopsy loved Peter and would have wanted him to be happy and he just wasnt when he was alone.

i would get alvin or pearl a new friend within the week, as harsh as it is on the one lost, the one left behind needs comforting over thier loss so i really think they need bunny company ASAP.. if then they decide its too soon themselves i would leavwe it for about a month.

Dont feel disrespectful to Peanut hun, he wouldnt want his Jelly to be sad and lonely, i hope when you feel the time is right it goes well and you see Jelly feel happer xxxxx

Back