• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aviary panels

Hi - email Westhagleyaviaries.com I had mine from there - good service and not bad price. Mine is 9' x 12'

Yeah i was looking on there thats where i was going to get it from:) it came to £144 just for the panels Do you have there email address? And any pics of your aviary?

I've got a West Hagley aviary. It's 18ft x 6ft divided into two. It cost me just over £300 for the panels, including wire panels you can't see under the roof. I'm very happy with mine, but I have added a few extra bits like the roof (from B&Q) and cross supporting beams at either end.

DSCF0761.jpg

I'm hopefully getting another one soon (15ft x 6ft)

Here is mine - there are others on my photobucket account - but for some reason they have disappeared from here - (were in housing section)
Abbymarysmokey - that looks brilliant!

Smudgesrun-includinglittertray-REDU.jpg

I've got a West Hagley aviary. It's 18ft x 6ft divided into two. It cost me just over £300 for the panels, including wire panels you can't see under the roof. I'm very happy with mine, but I have added a few extra bits like the roof (from B&Q) and cross supporting beams at either end.

DSCF0761.jpg

OMG I love it!!!!!!!!! Obviously mine will be on a smallar scale did you get it delivered? Do they go together easy? how did you attach them?

OMG I love it!!!!!!!!! Obviously mine will be on a smallar scale did you get it delivered? Do they go together easy? how did you attach them?

I used nuts and carriage bolts, but I think it would be easier (and cheaper) to just screw them together. I reckon easy drive screws and an electric screwdriver should do the trick. There aren't any pre-drilled holes like you get with flat pack hutches, so you have to work out where everything goes first (I drilled a few holes in the wrong place :oops: )

The West Hagley man delivered it for about £20.

I used nuts and carriage bolts, but I think it would be easier (and cheaper) to just screw them together. I reckon easy drive screws and an electric screwdriver should do the trick. There aren't any pre-drilled holes like you get with flat pack hutches, so you have to work out where everything goes first (I drilled a few holes in the wrong place :oops: )

The West Hagley man delivered it for about £20.

Thanks are they well made?

The panels are okay...the wood isn't very thick and the mesh is only 19g, but it's all well put together with proper nails and fencing staples. I'm happy that a fox couldn't get in.

The roof is Coroline flexible bitumen sheet, each sheet is just over 6ft by 3ft and costs about £8 I think (I used 7), although you get a discount for buying 5 or more. I bought some little waterproof caps to stop water leaking through the roof where it's fixed to the panels, but I think you'd get away without bothering with these.

The panels are okay...the wood isn't very thick and the mesh is only 19g, but it's all well put together with proper nails and fencing staples. I'm happy that a fox couldn't get in.

The roof is Coroline flexible bitumen sheet, each sheet is just over 6ft by 3ft and costs about £8 I think (I used 7), although you get a discount for buying 5 or more. I bought some little waterproof caps to stop water leaking through the roof where it's fixed to the panels, but I think you'd get away without bothering with these.

Would you say there worth the money then?

DSCF0761.jpg

What doors do you have on yours?

Back