• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you give pineapple to your buns??

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
For fear of repeating myself...How often can bunnies have pineapple/juice???
Ive got pressed pineapple not from concentrate and Beebee laps it up!!

Never have, pineapple wouldn't ahve been something I'd have even thought of giving a rabbit. Mine likes a wee bit of apple now and again, but that's it for fruit.

During a moult I will give it maybe once a week - squeeze from fresh pineapple and put into a syringe. They love it.

You have to be very careful about the sugar content of it as it could cause diabetes.

You can get Oxbow papaya tablets which do not have added sugar - I give them during a moult.

During a moult I will give it maybe once a week - squeeze from fresh pineapple and put into a syringe. They love it.

You have to be very careful about the sugar content of it as it could cause diabetes.

You can get Oxbow papaya tablets which do not have added sugar - I give them during a moult.

Thankyou.That is the information I was looking for.....Beebee recently had a huge moult and the vet thinks a furball cos of it so Beebee had to have some treatment and some pineapple juice.Treatment has stopped now.
Moult next year????:roll:

I use papaya tablets too. Its the enzme in the fruit that does the job, not the actual pinapple itself.

Never.

I personally don't believe that it helps during moulting, and I also don't believe that healthy, short coated rabbits get blockages from hairballs.

Never, most bunnies molt with no problems at all. It is only when other factors are involved that I believe the hair to become a problem, and then it is the other factors that need addressing rather than just treating the fur problem :)

Mine have tried it once or twice, only a little bit. Its not something I really bother to feed them though.

Back