• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting

Rachie

Mama Doe
How long does it go on for? :shock:

I'm surprised that Oliver isn't bald considering the amount of fur he's casting off. As much as I like my domestics, having to vacuum twice a day is a bit excessive :? Its a shame I can't vaccum Olly :lol:

Months :lol::lol::lol: Parsnip's STILL moulting and it's been going on since about early June!

OMG, ours are moulting again, already had a moult in April/May time and have now started again, my black bun Boris looks like he has been abandoned at the moment. He has tuffs sticking out all over his backend, why grey tho ???? He hates the brush and runs and hides at the sight of it. We have to sneak up behind him and grab handfulls, thinkfully he thinks this is a game and doesnt get too upset.

Alfie's been on a permanent moult since April I think. :shock: I thought he'd finished a few weeks ago and it all started again. :shock: :lol: He's mainly black, but the loose tufts always look grey because the hairs get lighter as they get closer to the skin. ;)

Bubbles is just starting a very mini moult - her coat is much finer than Alfie's & so I don't think she has as much fur to lose.

Strawberry doesnt moult at all but Snowdrop loses enough for the both of them! Doesnt help that Strawbs chases her every morning!

matthew is moulting like a .... rabbit, i suppose. totally covered me in hair last night when i gave him a little grooming, i could hardly see my clothes. hair in my mouth, hair in my eyes... hair everywhere.... but he was a much comfier bun after, and flopped most charmingly as soon as i put him down.

if tabby is moulting, she hasn't said so yet. no loose hair to be found.

Back