• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit Savvy Vet, Leeds

I have not tried them but many good reports

N.H. and F.M. Harcourt-Brown
( Harcourt-Brown Ltd )
30 Crab Lane
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
HG1 3BE

I have not tried them but many good reports

N.H. and F.M. Harcourt-Brown
( Harcourt-Brown Ltd )
30 Crab Lane
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
HG1 3BE

frances is our vet and i fully recommend her,she(and her colleagues)are absolutely fantastic,your bunnies could not be in better hands.well worth a drive from leeds.:D

If you can't get to Harrogate you might try Holly House vets in moortown (LS17), ask for Sarah Brown. She was very helpful with my two that were poorly and always took the time to explain things properly.

I live in wetherby & take my British giant to harcourt brown. Frances is fantastic with my rabbit and is happy to give lots of advice about health & general care. Travelling from Leeds to Harrogate would be a small price to pay for the expertise of frances.

I live in wetherby & take my British giant to harcourt brown. Frances is fantastic with my rabbit and is happy to give lots of advice about health & general care. Travelling from Leeds to Harrogate would be a small price to pay for the expertise of frances.

Ditto. I travel 20 miles from Skipton and would definitely agree that the expertise is worth the travel. If Frances is unavailable, ask for Ruth as she is also a highly recommended bunny vet (and tutored by the best, of course)

I use Calder Vets in Wakefield, they were great when Joe hurt his paw, they saw him the same evening i rang up. I don't know the address but they have a website. They were recommended by Pets at Home in wakefield. Or there's a lady at work takes her rabbit to a vets in garforth in the yard at the train station and she said they're v.good too, i can find the name out tomorrow for you, she's not here at the moment.

Back