• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Excel -anyone tried?

HelB

Warren Scout
Has anyone tried the new Excel that seems to have recently come out. Its got more fibre then SS, I dont know whether to make the change seen as though from a packet nutrition point of view it seems better the SS and cheaper/easier to get hold of.

It doesnt have more fibre than science selective, as far as im aware, its just cleverly advertised and worded to make you think as such.
Still, Ive been feeding it to Molly and no problem

Oh right, i've been using ss for a few years but i saw the new excel range and check against them both and i'm almost certain it has more fibre. Its says new formula?

I was given some of the mature. i dont think it is a bad food but I think ss and Allen and paige are better

I have 2 buns on it, Barney is 6 so i decided to put him on the mature due to him having the odd urine infection and losing a little bit of condition and getting a bit stiffer. He's been on it for about 5 months now and has gained weight, runs around like an idiot rather than walk, and so far (touch wood) he's not had another urine infection.

On the down side, his wifebun Bubbles is also on it, shes only 3 and is starting to gain some un needed weight with it. But all in all I'm very impressed with the food.

Found a thread on it on here a while back,
Apparently, they have just added together the two different types of fibre present in the food and called this total figure beneficial fibre.
Though the crude fibre, which is the one that is listed on the packs of most rabbit food, is the same, 19% or similar. One type of the fibre is digestable, the other is not.
This is my understanding of it anyway!
Laura.

Oh no so now i'm confused, does that mean that it does have more fibre then SS or will SS have more fibre when added together in the same way?!

Oh no so now i'm confused, does that mean that it does have more fibre then SS or will SS have more fibre when added together in the same way?!

The term beneficial fibre has been made up by Burgess to be able to show a higher fibre content figure. The important figure that you need to make comparisons is crude fibre which has increased slightly but isn't as good as SS.

Back